Open Black Hole Image Install

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,062 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi All,

I currently use OpenVIX on my VU+ Duo2 but looking to change it to the Open Blackhole image

Based on how i installed OpenVix i assumed it would be the same for OBH but i can only get zip files and they do not look like the OV install

On my usb for OV i have a folder called vuplus ---> duo2 that contains *.bin & *.cfe files

Can you advised of a complete guide along with the correct image i need to use to perform the install?

Regards

Juggy

• To install a new image, you need an empty USB stick FAT32 formatted.

• Download image zip file for your Vu+ model;
    • Unzip the zip file and you will have a folder named vuplus and under the folder, you will have another folder named after the model of your VuPlus set;
    • Copy the vuplus folder (including all the sub folders and files in it) to root folder of your USB stick;
    • WARNING!!! If you have any folder named vuplus on any device connected to your Vu+, delete the folder or rename it;
    • Turn off your Vu+;
    • Disconnect all USB flash drives connected to your receiver;
    • If your receiver is equipped with a front USB port (Duo2, Ultimo, etc.), insert the USB stick in it, otherwise you can insert the USB stick in a rear port.;
    • Turn on your Vu+.

If, for any reason, the upgrade fails, first disconnect any USB devices connected to your Vu+ and then try again to install the new image.
    If the upgrade fails again, try to use another USB stick.

Vu+ Duo

Update is done when upgrade completed message is shown on the display.

Vu+ Duo2

Push POWER button on the box (not on remote control!) when message appears on display.

Vu+ Solo

Update is done when green light blinks on the front panel.

Vu+ Solo2

Push POWER button on the box (not on remote control!) when message appears on display.

Vu+ SoloSE

Update is done when the LED on front panel remains lit briefly and then starts blinking rapidly.

Vu+ Ultimo

Push - button on the box (not on remote control!) when message appears on display.

Vu+ Uno

Push CH- button on the box (not on remote control!) when message appears on display.

Vu+ Zero

Update is done when the LED blinks on the front panel.

Since it doesn't seems to be enough clear, we specify that to starting the Ultimo update, you have to press the button shown in the following picture.

OpenBlackHole image

• Cheers for that going to have a bash now

Again purley peoples opinion what would be the best theme default or other?

Cheers

Juggy

Edited once, last by Juggy69 ().

• Hi,

Going through the channel search now but my issue that i had the last time i tried OBH was that i couldnt get the wi-fi to work states no internet connection during setup process

Is there any plugin i need to install to get this to work?

Regards

Juggy

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so it is installed but a couple of questions unless you want me to start new forum threads?

I believe i have configured the WLan correctly but Utube app fails to load when i click on plugins states no new to download

Also where do i install the softcams and sort out Auto bosquest and EPG?

Regards

Juggy

- - - Updated - - -

Ok confirmed WLan not working, worked fine on OpenVIX but not OBH what am i doing wrong?

• Official Post

Open Black Hole All Softcam Installer

[DOWNLOAD] AutoBouquets by Lraizer

How to : Setup CrossEPG and BlackHole EPG settings

The wifi configuration is the same on all images, so if you were able to set it up on openvix its not something you are doing wrong.. Try a wired connection then perform an online software update, that may sort the wifi issue (menu > setup > software update)..

• Cheers Master G

Ok connect via Lan all updated

Installed the soft cam ipk files not seeing where i know access them?

Sorted Autoboquets

Then on to EPG once Softcam sorted

• Cheers again Master G

Whats the directy the cccam.cfg file is added to again mental blank was it etc directory?

Regards

Juggy

- - - Updated - - -

Also i know you cant post regards to Paid IPTV servers so is there a way to get free ones ;-)

Please delete the post if breaks the rules

Regards

Juggy

- - - Updated - - -

I have got it working now tomorrow is the day to sort out the EPG and Autobouqtes

- - - Updated - - -

Master G with the EPG settings the screen shots are out of date so not sure what i am doing now

Also i get a syntax error when i try to sort the Autoboquets, i manual did the istall after reading the auto option looked like needed to telnet, i also chmod files stated

Cheers

Juggy

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!