VU+ Solo 4K- Unboxing

There are 26 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,589 times. The last Post () by davvo.

• Can this box have 4 satellite tuners? I'm confused in the spec description. If it can have at least 3 I may be tempted.

bo.

Yep it can bud.... it comes with two fixed inputs for sat... then there is a spare plug & play slot where you can install a twin tuner for sat.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• The extremely powerful hybrid receiver contains (by default) one fixed FBC Dual DVB-S2 tuner (2 inputs) and can be expanded with a Plug & Play (Dual DVB-S2, Dual DVB-C/T/T2, DVB-S2 or DVB-C/T/T2) tuner.
    The Vu+ 4K possesses a powerful 1.5GHz DMIPS Dual-Core-Processor (accountable for a 10.000 DMIPS) and a very expanded memory which has 4 GB Flash and 2 GB RAM.
    The VU+ 4K has two USB 3.0 ports and a HDMI 2.0 connection. In short, the VU+ 4K is the solution for now and the upcoming years for an optimal viewing pleasure.

Technical Specifications:
    1500MHz Dual Core processor CPU
    4GB Flash
    2GB RAM
    Plug & play tuner
    Hot Plug & play harddisk
    PVR ready
    Opera web browser
    Linux operating system
    2x Smartcard-readers (Xcrypt)
    1x DVB Common Interface slot
    2 x 3.0 USB / 1 x 2.0 USB
    Gigabit Ethernet interface
    Advanced EPG
    Fully automated service scan
    Multimedia plug-in support
    Support for multiple OSD themes
    SPDIF audio-output (optical)
    The Solo4K will have a TFT LCD screen with 262.000 colors, that is the quadriple of the current VU+ Duo2 TFT LCD screen.
    1x HDMI 2.0 Video / Audio-output (digital)
    Unlimited Channellist for TV/Radio
    EPG (Electronic Program Guide) support
    Bouquet lists
    OSD in many languages and skin support
    Automatic / manual searching for channels
    DiSEqC 1.0 / 1.1 / 1.2 / USALS support
    External 12V powersupply
    On / Off switch

robijay signature.gif

" Errare humanum est, perseverare autem diabolicum "

• Can this box have 4 satellite tuners? I'm confused in the spec description. If it can have at least 3 I may be tempted.

bo.

its got 2 preinstalled static sat feeds , with the addiotion to add a duel dvb-s or single dvb-s or duel dvb-c or single dvb-c ect ect but you have 2 hardwired sat then you add a 3rd tuner that can be duel feeded yeah , hope this helps anyone know how the xbmc/kodi is doing on this box ?

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• The Ultimate UHD PVR

Born with 4K, sheer view UltimateThe ultimate

UHD PVR Vu+ SOLO 4K is now come to lead to have 4K Ultra HD channels, it would be definitely a leader of the UHD future generation. As Vu+ used to give you valuable quality of view, Vu+ SOLO 4K brings you to have pleasant Ultra HD channels at home

Brings you to have a more realistic and natural images with SOLO 4K HDRHDR

(High Definition Range) is that expands the range of both contrast and color significantly on the TV screen to create a much more vivid details both in highlighting objects and shadows. It offers a wider color palette and the blacks are deeper and whites are brighter. With SOLO 4K HDR, you would have TV pictures and videos which are more like what you seen in real life.

Utmost speed and new powerful ARM processor with 1.5MHz Dual Core CPU

Vu+ SOLO 4K has the utmost channel zapping speed so your screen will be changed when you blink. You would even experience this lightning speed on changing its menu and it is super-fast receiver you ever experienced.

Earnest chosen built-in Dual FBC Tuner system

Vu+ team has been working with careful thought about choosing the right solution for the valuable users of Vu+ which could make the cutting-edge technology of Dual FBC(Full Band Capture) Tuner enables you to enjoy with variety channels up to 8 satellite signals. Nobody can deny that Vu+ SOLO 4K has more than enough to gratify your desire to have more choices.

Built for extraordinary Mini TV

The front 3.5” LCD shows vivid streaming videos while you are watching TV as Mini TV. It also keeps the additional interesting information features with using various plug-ins as you enjoyed with Duo2.

Additional Pluggable Tuner slot brings you keep expanding your favorite channels.

As Vu+ has been kept the upper standard, SOLO 4K has an additional pluggable tuner system with the availability of using Dual DVB-S2/C/T2 tuner and surely Single DVB-S2/C/T2 as well.

You will never have any short of tuners with SOLO 4K.

Having fully wanted H/W feature without regret

Vu+ SOLO 4K has 2GB RAM and 4GB NAND Flash Memory, built in Wi-Fi connects to the Internet easily, Gigabit Ethernet integrate and support USB 3.0.

We thank to this powerful H/W to make Vu+ SOLO 4K an extremely speedy and stable receiver ever shown.

The easiest way of Detachable HDD

You could just put your own 2.5” HDD into the provided HDD bracket and put into the HDD slot on SOLO 4K.

This the simplest way is the way to enjoy your own content with SOLO 4K.

robijay signature.gif

" Errare humanum est, perseverare autem diabolicum "

• I don't currently own a 4K TV and so I wouldn't get the full potential of this box picture wise. But would I see any improvement picture wise through the HDMI connection?

bo.

probably not No!, as you say to take full advantage you would need a 4K TV although the HD side should be exactly the same as every other 1920x1080 receiver

• I am still watching TV through my 7yr old Panasonic, yet very reliable, (touch wood, fingers crossed etc; etc), and I suppose I will have to catch up one day. My question is; Is it really worth buying a 4K TV and how many channels are broadcast in 4K? Either by satellite or Terrestial. I just wondered :59:

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• Does anyone know if it will support 4:2:2 feeds? I am guessing not since I don't see it in the specs... But I noticed that they have switched to an ARM processor.

Is anything broadcast in 4:2:2 over europe still ?

Can this box have 4 satellite tuners? I'm confused in the spec description. If it can have at least 3 I may be tempted.

bo.

It has twin fixed fbc tuners, from this my understanding is that each tuners will give you effectively 4 sat tuners (4 different frequency's per tuner).

Then you can use a conventional twin plug and play tuner onto of that, so you could in effect have 10 sat tuners in total (or 8 sat and 2 cable or terrestrial)

• Is anything broadcast in 4:2:2 over europe still ?

Yes, many feeds... Like all of this weeks UEFA matches... :)

It has twin fixed fbc tuners, from this my understanding is that each tuners will give you effectively 4 sat tuners (4 different frequency's per tuner).

Then you can use a conventional twin plug and play tuner onto of that, so you could in effect have 10 sat tuners in total (or 8 sat and 2 cable or terrestrial)

The tuner supports something like Inverto's unicable LNB. Look in this thread: http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=95392&goto=newpost
    It supports many tuners connected to the same LNB with one cable.

Inverto unicable

Edited 2 times, last by joeuser ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!