ports not opening

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 387 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• hi everyone hope someone can help me i have been unable to open ports on my vm superhub it allows me to forward port 12000 but thats all not anymorei did a cpl of weeks ago have the port i needed open but i closed it as wasnt using it now for some reason i can select anymore hope someone can advise thanks

• cheers for the links i aware how to open ports on my hub and the port was open last week when i checked all i done was close port on router and enable it now it shows as closed

• Try this guide -> vm superhub if that doesn`t work try one of these -> other guides..

hope someone can help me out a bit iv been at this for ages iv googled tried every tut available i still am unable to open any ports on my router only port allowing me to use is 12000 but i need additional ports open someone must know how to sort this out well heres hoping :linuxsat:

• Did you follow the guide(s) masterG sent you? Maybe you should outline what steps you did and someone can spot what is wrong.

yip followed guides i have opened ports before its pretty straight forward i have my linux pc wired and windows laptop wireless tried both accesed modem opened port then when i check with canyouseeme or any other port checker for that matter it says closed but as i have already said i have no problem leaving port 12000 open

• yip followed guides i have opened ports before its pretty straight forward i have my linux pc wired and windows laptop wireless tried both accesed modem opened port then when i check with canyouseeme or any other port checker for that matter it says closed but as i have already said i have no problem leaving port 12000 open

12000 is the worst port you could leave open..... every hacker about will try that one....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• 12000 is the worst port you could leave open..... every hacker about will try that one....

i am well aware of that i just tried out of curiousity and it was open so i closed straight away and i have tried several different port numbers but 12000 is only one that will open

• You still haven't told us what you are doing to try and open the ports, only that "it" doesn't work. What ports? How do you know they don't work? Is there actually some service running on the port you are trying to open? If not, even if it is open on the router, it will appear closed.

• You still haven't told us what you are doing to try and open the ports, only that "it" doesn't work. What ports? How do you know they don't work? Is there actually some service running on the port you are trying to open? If not, even if it is open on the router, it will appear closed.

sorry buddy been busy with work ect can someone please mark this thread as solved i had to disable ufw and now its fine thanks for help lads

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!