Scanning Cable

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 455 times. The last Post () by zap70.

• Just decided to update my image, old one was working fine

Weird thing is i cant scan cable, I select Europe, Middle East, Africa: DVB-C frequencies in Tuner configuration

then when I want to scan the only options are for DVB-T with DVB-T frequencies or only DVB-T options there is nothing for DVB-C at all.

Installing Autoboquets also only has options for DVB-T

I have tried OpenTV & PKT images both are the same

How do I get it to scan cable?

• I think for most images, the default setting for the tuner is for DVB-T. Depending on which image, there are different ways to change to DVB-C. The tuner gets configured at boot time, so after any changes the box needs to be rebooted. Not sure about OpenATV, but for PKT there should be an option in the blue panel to change tuner type. (I am not using now, so I can't give you detailed location of the setting...)

After thinking about it, if I remember correctly, for openATV the setting is in a cable scan plugin, or union tuner? Something like that...

BTW, for OpenSPA the setting is in menu->service searching->uniontunertype->

When I get a chance to reboot into HDMU, I will post where the settings are for it....

- - - Updated - - -

For HDMU the setting is under Menu -> HDMU-CENTER -> Tuner control ->

Edited 2 times, last by joeuser ().

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!