Hel !!!!! Anyone got SRT 2016 Plus

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,510 times. The last Post () by Ryhil.

• Hi,
    My SRT 2016 Plus display message: SW is not designed for this HW, please change back to official SW.
    I tried to load software but no success

• Thanks Codar. I tried the similar attached files, but nothing happens when opening EromUpgrade Loader. Do I need to press or switch on something

• I don't have any experience with your receiver but it looks like the setup that the ferguson ariva uses.
    First, extract out the firmware (it will end in ".abs" file) and put it on a usb stick.
    Plug it into your receiver and scroll through the menus to see if there is an option to upgrade it via usb and it should install the firmware (on ferguson, you have to select "allcode and bootloader" option but this may vary for your receiver).
    The erom upgrade tool is used if you cannot upgrade via usb (no options in the menu) or if the receiver is dead.
    Extract out the attached erom upgrade tool.
    Open the extracted folder and you will see user manual and erom-upgrade.rar.
    This file needs to be extracted out again (extract it out to the folder your in otherwise it will fill your desktop with its constituents).
    Click on "EromUpgrade.exe" and the program will launch.
    Use the "browse" button to find the .abs firmware on your pc.
    Tick the "include bootloader" option
    Connect your pc to your receiver (normally rs232 for ariva but no idea what type of lead is used for startrack) and hit next.
    When it pops up "synchronizing stb, please reset target" , just power down and up your receiver.
    If com port and leads are right, it should start flashing the receiver.

• Hi, I know this thread is old but I tried to update the firmware on my Star Track 2016 Plus. I put the abs file on a flash drive, connected it to the STB gone to the software update menu but there are no files seen by the STB. The STB also doesn't a rs232 port only USB.

What can I do?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!