Save c:line info auto to cloud / auto backup clinet list can it be done

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,159 times. The last Post () by promo7uk.

• is there anyway to auto backup your cccam config / oscam.user everynight midnight to free cloud backup ..
    just come up with this idea and might be good for backing up your server details. and even better would be one that when it updated it deleted the old one from cloud ,,

im using a quad core 2.66 dual xeon / 4gig ram / ubuntu 11 blade server on 100mbit line, and im still learning, so would this be a good idea, and can it be done,

• or even maybe mediafire account of your own which will make it more private, obviously there would need to be a script to log into your mediafire account then around midnight backup client list/ cccam config file to mediafire in a certain folder could this be done ,, and anyone any tips how i would start to make this script. if people think it would work. maybe even backup the entire server at mediafire,

https://help.ubuntu.com/commun…rSystem/SimpleBackupSuite

found this on ubuntu site but would be more usefull to upload it auto to a site, save all the messing about, any tips appreciated as im new to ubuntu

• Official Post

If your setup includes the configupdate.sh script then it already does what you are looking for. FTP to /var/backup and look for a file named CCcam.old

I have attached the script incase you need it, edit the times to suit your own needs.

• WOW TEN your a star much appreciated mate this is just what im looking for,, thankyou so much.

is it possible mate to autosave to mediafire.. auto upload backup config at midnight, or is that impossible.

• Official Post

WOW TEN your a star much appreciated mate this is just what im looking for,, thankyou so much.

is it possible mate to autosave to mediafire.. auto upload backup config at midnight, or is that impossible.

I wouldnt recommend it as your config may end up in the wrong hands, it would be possible but i think its far more secure to just retrieve the file from your server manually.

• Yup I agree with Ten Below it could be a bit ri*** putting it on mediafire etc..

Maybe if you used private file hosting, where only you had access to it could be safer..

But I'm not sure whether thats possible or not!

• Official Post

yea i also have a private ftp.. how would i do it to private ftp.. or private host..

You will need to add a scrpt to make the process automatic, google is your friend here. This is an example of a working script i just looked up.

You will find plenty of info on the subject.

• hi another question is there a script to send your cccam.cfg file as attachment to your email every night around midnight to back it up,, might be a better idea,! as were looking into safety issues,

i really do appreciate all this guys its nice to spend time to learn,, thankyou,

• Official Post

hi another question is there a script to send your cccam.cfg file as attachment to your email every night around midnight to back it up,, might be a better idea,! as were looking into safety issues,

i really do appreciate all this guys its nice to spend time to learn,, thankyou,

Yes again google will give you many results, have a look at this one

Sending email or mail with attachment from command or shell prompt

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!