Problems streaming using VLC player and Vu+ app, help please, thanks.

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 785 times. The last Post () by joeuser.

• I'm having issues with streaming using VLC Player on desktop and the Vu+ app on phone from my vusolo2.

It starts off fine and then after about 10 mins. The stream slows down considerably, stopping occasionally or becoming jittery.

I've tried increasing the buffer in VLC to 10,000ms but to no avail.

It used to work just fine. Is there a way to check that the vusolo2 is slowing down after awhile? How do I go about fixing this? Is it RAM?

Oh I'm using Blackhole BlackHole 2.0.8

Any help greatly appreciated.

• Sorry, I paid more attention to the title, than the text and thought you were using the vu+ player WITH vlc on your phone. In vu+ player there is an option to select which player you use...

For vlc on the desktop, you can try tools->messages (ctrl+m) and on the bottom left set the verbosity to "2(debug)" and maybe it will give you a hint.

Have you tried restarting the box just before streaming and see if it makes a difference? I have never had problems streaming on my lan with my slower alien2 - even when it and my laptop/tablets were both connected by wifi.

The only thing I did notice was that streams seem to be more susceptible to bad signals in your satellite reception...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!