New Openbox V8S owner - A few questions.

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 468 times. The last Post () by anorak_ian.

• Hi, I've just got an Openbox V8S, all seems to work ok, but there again I'm new to all this satellite stuff.

I hear a lot of you talk about updating the channel list. I'm not sure what this is about, maybe you could explain.
    I do know I would like to exclude all pay per view channels, is that possible?
    What operating software does this unit run on?

And what is a clone? A Gucci handbag made in China?

Soon I will have my motorised dish (110cm) set up, what can I expect to see on the menu screens? 10 satellites worth of programs all thrown on the program list together? Or when I switch to a different satellite it just picks up what it has available? Or, when I choose a new satellite I will have to do a new program search?

Hummm, I'm like a kid with a new toy, but mum forgot the batteries.

And what is it with "dishist" women? Wife's making guys take down their dishes, wow.

Ahh, lot's of questions sorry. :)

• Ok, I have installed the new channel list, so now the few channels that didn't work now do.

I still haven't got my big motorised dish up (busy, busy), so I'm still unsure of what to expect as far as channels are concerned.
    When I tune in to a new satellite, do all programs on that satellite present them selves in one long list? Or do I need to install a channel list for each satellite?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!