Anyone recommend a box for a beginner?

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 481 times. The last Post () by daveybootle.

• Evening all,

I'm new to all this, and require some advice.

I've just started using the standard M3U files on VLC and through my LGTV using SMART IPTV.

I'm trying my best to grasp things, but what I really want is to set up a box now, and I haven't got a clue about them!!!

We're running a fast Virgin Media connection in the UK so I don't think speed is a problem.

Forgive me for sounding greedy (I'm cheesed off with being ripped off by providers you see), but I require a wide range of movies, sports with the full packages.

Which box would you recommend?

Would I be able to include my own stuff on this box and upgrade it when necessary?

Would I require a subscription also?

I would stretch over £100.

I would appreciate your advice as I hope to contribute to this site in some form in the near future.

Regards,

Davey

• To be able to cardshare bud you are going to need a subscription to a legit provider (Sky UK for example)..... this is so you have something to share with other members who in return will share their local with you....

So to be able to do this make sure you buy a box which is open source as opposed to closed source, open source you can install plugins etc and yes you will if you take the time to teach yourself following tutorials and guides on here be able to update your own receiver.

If your thinking about going down the payserver or IPTV pay portal route to try and get everything for next to nothing then i'm afraid you have picked the wrong forum bud....

Have a look here: http://www.world-of-satellite.…gital-Satellite-Receivers it's a link to our forum sponsors webpage for Sat receivers.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Thanks very much for the advice.

To be honest, I'm willing to pay whatever I can and am more than willing to purchase an open box to share with all members.

Thanks again/

Edited once, last by daveybootle: read reply incorrect ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!