2 receivers 1 motor is it possible?

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 788 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• Hi friends,

I have two enigma2 receivers at home, and a motororised dish with a twin LNB. The receiver in the living room controls the motor but I would like to be able to move it when I am upstairs.

Is it possible to use something like a splitter to connect the two receivers to the motor or what is the best way to do it? Probably the simple answer would be to add another motorised dish, but i wondered if anyone has attempted this.

Any advise?

Thanks
    ^M

• Official Post

I have the same from a quad tuner downstairs and i use remotechannelstream importer upstairs. This gives me full controll of the motor without any coax connection. Enable epg for your sats as well and that will also populate. I do the same for a cable tuner too.
    This is the best solution other than another dish and motor....

• A friend had the same situation. Since he never used the two receivers at the same time, he used the loop-through connector from receiver 1 to connect to receiver 2. At night, he turned off receiver 1, then the upstairs receiver could control the motor. But, like they say, "never say never" and it turned out that only 95% of the time they weren't used at the same time and the 5% became annoying. (Also annoying was when he forgot to turn off receiver 1 and was already upstairs in bed....) Finally he bought a twin LNB and connected like you have now and used something similar to jenseneverest and watched his main sat from the local tuner on receiver 2 and used the remote tuner config from receiver 1 to watch other sats. (or after moving the dish with remote tuner, then he could use the local tuner...)

Another option, if you are not changing sats much and have a phone or tablet, you can install the vuplus player app and use it to control receiver 1 to move the dish, then watch on receiver 2...

• Official Post

hi jenseneverest

Yes this I have tried and works ok HD sometimes freezes a bit as I am using homeplugs 200Mb. Interesting that the EPG works for that as well, I will give that a try

Thanks
    ^M

Admittedly all my boxes indoors run off a wired hub. there is a 3rd box in the garage that runs off wifi and that is only good for SD channels.....
    Use xmltv importer for epg, Not crossepg ( crossepg will move the dish and use the data stream from the satellite provider for some sats.....)

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!