will this update my card

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 809 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• [reader]
    label = lower card
    enable = 1
    protocol = internal
    device = /dev/sci0
    caid = 0963:000000
    # 0963 is *** UK.
    boxid = xxxxxxxxx
    ecmwhitelist = 0963:3E,4E,42,44,45,47,6A,6B,6F,62,68,69,7C,7D,7E,72,73,77,79,80,8B
    # Oscam can read a *** card i.d, but you can also put this
    # in manually
    detect = cd
    cardmhz = 357
    # this helps the card run more smootly
    group = 1
    # Oscam has the concept of groups. Only users in group 1 can
    # use this reader. I'm only using one group.
    emmcache = 1,3,2
    ecmcache = 1
    blockemm-unknown = 1
    blockemm-g = 1
    # these ensure smooth decrypting
    lb_weight = 101
    # for load balancing - can be commented out.

ive got the latest oscam with cccam shareing alls working fine but iam a little unsure if the card will updat emms

• You can use DVBAPI to update your card.

I am assuming you are using a dreambox based on your prev posts, if not i'd think you'd need to adjust the boxtype - anyway you have OSCam and an internal reader so you can easily use DVBAPI to update your card. Your internal reader entry looks fine. I have not missed an update since setting this up and can even be used to wake up dead cards and for PPV events. You need to have an entry in your oscam.conf

[dvbapi]
    enabled = 1
    au = 1
    boxtype = dreambox
    user = dreambox_dvbapi

and you also need an entry in oscam.user to use dvbapi when viewing.

[account]
    user = dreambox_dvbapi
    pwd =
    group = 1
    au = 1

you also need to make sure that the oscam.dvbapi file has the following line (which is set for sly - and can be adjusted for other cards)

P: 0963:000000

or if your card is dead and needs waking, or you need to activate a PPV order then

P: 0963:000000 1

Make sure that if you have any readers in different groups, you are specifying the group in the dvbapi account entry in oscam.user, or you won' be able to read the card locally, just the same where you are setting groups for other users.

Leave your receiver turned on on a sly encrypted channel such as picktv for example and you should get the update, eventually.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• master G

Set the Label from UK OSCam to Videoguard2 Cards OSCam

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!