Recommendation for Second E2 box

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,395 times. The last Post () by TH3-J0K3R.

• A few weeks ago I bought a wetek Play from my upstairs TV, selling in the process my vu+ Solo box. The idea was to use the Wetek both as an android box (needed for internet TV streaming via web browser) and a satbox using E2 (easier to setup as I can share settings and experience with my main living room box - Duo2). Thing is after testing 4 different E2 images and trying all sorts of tweaking, I cannot get the Wetek to run E2 the way i want to. I am struggling getting OSCAM to work 100% smoothly, and I also cannot get it to stream correctly to my ipad (I use the Blackbox pro app) which is also important for me.

So for now, I'm giving up on the "one box does it all" thing, and I want to get again a dedicated E2 box next to the Wetek (Which I will continue using on Android for now). Don't need a duo2, but need something reliable, FHD, support for HDD recording and streaming to blackbox pro. I am debating between a Vu+ and an Xtrend. Would prefer to keep it low budget but wiling to spend up to 200 EUR. Advice and recommendations are welcome.

• zeros are good in my eyes , but out of intrest what you issue with E2 on wetek ii use wetek served from duo no problems on openATV
    whats the issue with oscam not been stable , what rev oscam you using and wifi or hardwired ?may be able to help you get it sorted
    also have found openelec pretty stable on 5.95.4 with vdr :)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• zeros are good in my eyes , but out of intrest what you issue with E2 on wetek ii use wetek served from duo no problems on openATV
    whats the issue with oscam not been stable , what rev oscam you using and wifi or hardwired ?may be able to help you get it sorted
    also have found openelec pretty stable on 5.95.4 with vdr :)

I use OpenATV 5.1 on the Wetek. OSCAM is rev 10660, but for some reason my setup needs an OSCAM rev under 10000 (On my DUO2 running also OpenATV 5.1 I use Rev 9990 and it works to perfection). Problem is I cannot find that Rev for the Wetek. Second issue is that streaming to Blackbox pro on my Ipad is not working correctly. The app supports officially only DM, VU+ and Xtrend boxes. I tried looking for other apps; but none work as well as Blackbox pro and it is really useful to stream TV to my iPad in bed when the Duo2 is taken........

Finally - the Wetek is hardwired as is my Duo2.

• i posted a openAtv backup for Msd card i wetek section i use tuner server to stream my wetek feeds to xbmc/kodi devices such as ipads , laptops ect ect
    easily enough via its Enigma2 VU pvr plugin you tryd to stream with tuner server installed on E2 for wetek ? i also use a updated version of oscam my backup has about 4 version you can try from as-well

also are you using latest openATV release ? ive not updated to latest yet and i think backup in about 2-3 release down from latest :)

- - - Updated - - -

As a bedroom box you wont go wrong with a zgemma star, they cheap as chips and there is a new dual core version released this week too......

seen these in they look ok to like imjust a VU fanboy lol :)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• Thanks for the advice Honcho. I will try and have a look at your backup. Can you explain in more details how I can stream using tuner server to iPad? what App I need to run on the ipad?

• tuner server lets you build a m3u file list of your boukets and you can acces sthat via ip and port its a plug in for E2 and found in openatv as others like blackhole ive tested this in various devices via kodi/xbmc
    it should be accessible via web browers , vlc player and upnp devices if used with mediatomb aswell you would need to let the ports used threw on router possibly depending if y9uo have DMZ turned on or off on wetek

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• As a bedroom box you wont go wrong with a zgemma star, they cheap as chips and there is a new dual core version released this week too......

That depends if al2813 wants a 'cheap' receiver that comes with false claims of support or an Officially supported receiver with proper hardware warranty and piece of mind.

We have the following receivers to suit all budgets, all come with official support and hardware warranty:

Mutant HD1200 at £79, comes with two years hardware warranty
    http://www.world-of-satellite.…vers/Mut@nt-Mutant-HD1200

Miraclebox Premium Micro at £89, comes with two years hardware warranty
    http://www.world-of-satellite.…/Miraclebox-Premium-Micro

New Technomate TM-Nano-SE M2 at £99, has internal SATA HDD support, no other receiver in this price range offers this, comes with 1 year hardware warranty
    http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/technomate-tm-nano-se-m2

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

• tuner server lets you build a m3u file list of your boukets and you can acces sthat via ip and port its a plug in for E2 and found in openatv as others like blackhole ive tested this in various devices via kodi/xbmc
    it should be accessible via web browers , vlc player and upnp devices if used with mediatomb aswell you would need to let the ports used threw on router possibly depending if y9uo have DMZ turned on or off on wetek

Too complicated for me when comparing to how easy it is with the Vu+, i can probably get it to work, but don't have time for that unfortunately...

• Too complicated for me when comparing to how easy it is with the Vu+, i can probably get it to work, but don't have time for that unfortunately...

i use it on my VU+ Duo as-well in if im honest its like set it once in only have to rebuild tubber server when u update channels ;)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!