Cannot get Solo2 to search for satellites.

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 715 times. The last Post () by inbed79.

• Hello I am completely new to Satellite systems and have just bought a VU+ Solo2 and a Stab Rotor Sat HH 120 motor. I have mounted the motor and dish as instructed in the Stab manual and I tried to follow the Solo2 setup from the user manual, which I had to download as it was not supplied in the box. The problem I have is I cannot follow the user manual to try and find satellites then programs. I cannot find how to get the Solo2 to search the sky using Usals, I can get the dish to move using the satellite input from my LG television but not from the Solo2! I am 68 years old and would be pleased if anyone could help. I see on this site about "Blackhole 2.1.7" wouls installing this help?

• Have you looked at the tutorials in this section? Have you gone to Menu > setup > service searching > Tuner configuration > and entered your lat/long etc?
    Does your LG actually tune some FTA channels (ie is the motor/dish aligned properly?)
    What image is installed now? (So not sure if changing would help...)

Edited once, last by joeuser ().

• fist load up your can list to box this will make it easyer use cats eyes multi list put in your Latitude and long A negative number on the longitude means West ie -20000
    Assemble the dish and motor as per the instructions
    Once the motor is assembled you need to set your latitude, on the side of the motor bracket is a scale, and on the motors body is a small mark, alaign the mark with your latitude and tighten them up.

Now you need to mount the dish onto the motor, this is an important part of the installation as if the dish is not mounted on the motors pole correctly then it will fail to follow the satellite arc correctly and you will not pick up the available signals correctly, The dish has to be pointing away from the center of the motors pole, check this as you are tightening the dish onto the pole because as you tighten the left nut the dish will turn on the pole to the right and vice versa so tighten both sides of the clamp evenly.

Now armed with spanners take the dish up the ladder (be very carefull, especially if its a bit windy as they tend to be really good at catching wind when you're not expecting it) and you should be able to hook the clamp on the back of the motor over the wall bracket pole (if its pointing up) tighten the bolts so that the dish is holding in position but can still be turned left and right by turning the whole motor and dish together and the dish can be tilted up and down on the dish itself without using too much force. But dont put the ladders away just yet, you still have to alaign it to all those satellites tens of thousands of miles away.

Just a quick recap.

You should now have:

A perfectly vertical mount on the wall with the motor and dish attached to it.
    The LNB on the dish connected to the motor.
    A cable running from the dish to the back of your television (but not yet connected).
    A satellite reciever connected to your television by a scart lead.

Next we will connect the dish and motor to the reciever and set up the reciever and motor ready for you to start looking for satellites to alaign the dish.
    Now before you enter anything into the reciever go back outside and take a quick look at the dish with the dish face itself sitting pretty straight, if not a quick trip up the ladder now will save you pulling your hair out in 20 mins time. Now would also be an ideal time to use your compass to point the dish as due south as you can, it doesnt need to be spot on, but its no good pointing it towards santas house.

Back into the house now, and into the motorised setup menu. First of all select a satellite, for this we'll use Thor @ 1'W. (0.8) Now select your motor type. I always use USALS as its so easy when it comes to adding more satellites. Now you need to enter your latitude and longitude that you wrote down earlier (you did keep them safe i hope). Once all this is done you should have an option to 'Go To' highlight this and press OK. The dish will move slightly. Now if you havent got a signal strength meter you are going to have to rely on the onscreen levels,or
    if you have a chan list on the box with 1 west (0.8) put it on to BBC WORLD this
    is a fta chan
    you need to slowly move the dish by hand to get the best possible. pic once this is done you can tighten the dish .best to now use a meter if you have one to fine tune
    it

Now you need to tighten the motor onto the pole. Be carefull here because if you just go tightening the bolts you will move the dish. As you tighten a clamp onto a round fixing the clamp moves in the opposite direction its being tightened. So, if you tighten the bolt on the left 3 turns, also tighten the bolt on the right 3 turns. Do this untill you are satisfied that it is tight enough.

now search for other sats with USALS
    hope this helps

Edited 2 times, last by inbed79 ().

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!