wetek openelec setup

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,078 times. The last Post () by waj1234.

• Hi, sorry for the noob questions but even though not new to kodi or enigma 2 stb's I am new to wetek boxes.

I have a wetek openelec and want want to use it as a one box solution to replace my cheap android box for kodi and my zgemma s2.

My question is about the pbenigma software really as tried tvheadend in openelec but found it not as good as enigma 2 and channel changes buffered on live tv.

Does pbenigma install to sd card or to nand instead of openelec? Once installed is it like having an enigma 2 box and you switch to kodi or is it all within kodi? I really want to just use the wetek as on paper it looks great but like my current openvix setup with crossepg and ABM etc. Though probably with xmltv rather than cross epg as read its better.

Thanks in advance.

• Hi mate pgnigma e2 is for sdcard, on main menu kodi start is there u start it and switch to Kodi side thats all.

Vu+ Ultimo Vu+ Solo2 Vu+ Solo 4K Gigablue X1 Gigablue Quad Plus Wetekplay Wetek Core...
    4m , 2m motorized, 95 diseq usals ....

• Thanks for the reply. I was all set to sell it after using it with tvheadend in openelec as it was not a patch on an enigma 2 box. The screen shots look great. Just waiting for my 16gb micro sd card to be delivered and I will give it a go.

So the openelec installed to nand will no longer be used unless I want to pull the sd card and let it boot to nand yeah? Is there no need to reboot the box to get to kodi then and is is pretty quick etc?

Will it ever be on nand or just sd card as I read openelec runs faster from nand hence reason I bought it instead of the android wetek play version. Does it have mgcamd installed or do you have to use oscam?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and will I really need to buy the E2 remote control to use it really or is the openelec supplied remote suitable in both kodi and e2?

• U can use openelec remote mate RCU select menu u can choose the rcu types or u can use for kodi side kodi-remote app for ios and droid cellphones or a wifi keyboard all works fine..

E2 remote is very chip too u can buy it from wetek site online shop ı ordered from there since months ago comed to my counrty after 1 week without any posting charges..

Vu+ Ultimo Vu+ Solo2 Vu+ Solo 4K Gigablue X1 Gigablue Quad Plus Wetekplay Wetek Core...

• Excellent, it looks great. I will try it without the E2 remote first as I can also add my spare fire tv remote via bluetooth to use in kodi along side yatse android app and the openelec remote within the E2 side.

Just can't wait for my sd card to come now as I have none in the house even though I used have several lying around lol.

Thanks so much for the help, very appreciated.

• Dont forget to use for e2 images class10 speed faster microsd cards its important to use quality sdcards mate..

• Would I be better off with the faster ultra version?

- - - Updated - - -

the 80mb/s version

- - - Updated - - -

Installing is I assume just dropping the wetek folder from zip on sd card and inserting and powering on?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!