when will enigma 2 going to suport automatic 4K to HD downscale?

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,087 times. The last Post () by davvo.

• There are some 4K channels started broadcasting on east satellites available on Indian subcontinent now a days and I don't find any image compatible to view the channels?

What are the possibility of supporting 4k on existing hardware using down scale technique?

I am/most of us are not interested in buying 4k STB as of now.

• It isn't going to happen, the older boxes don't have the codec's to view the channels.

If your lucky you might be able to stream the channels from your current box to your pc and view them in vlc.

• It isn't going to happen, the older boxes don't have the codec's to view the channels.

If your lucky you might be able to stream the channels from your current box to your pc and view them in vlc.

If its only issue with codec I am sure some body will figure out and port it for enigma compatibility but must be some thing more to it like chip support or hardware dependency,
    Don't think software dependencies are barrier for long time.

• I tried playing the stream from cloud ibox 3 on a core i5 8GB ram windows 7 64bit machine using VLC but, it freezes after 1 or 2 sec.
    But it plays the 4k HEVC video..!! though the duration is quite short.

So this means either the Cloud Ibox 3 is not pumping the steam properly in to the local network or else my windows machine hardware unable to handle...

Can some body try playing some 4k channel using VU solo 2 ( Dual core processor) and verify on PC using VLC?

The bit rate I notice is between 7.5mb to 8mb.

Edited once, last by rmg_hrr ().

• Have you tried with any other HEVC supported media player such as Divx10.2?
    It seems like the HEVC support provided by VLC is on experimental basis, not sure if it can handle it at full resolution/fps

Hopefully same recording trick should work with Ibox-3 as well, lets see.

• use this

this plays 4k channels from webinterface

MPC-BE player

open the 4kTV ch. on webinterface and select MPC-BE player

MPC-BE player download here

Code
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpcbe/

MPC-BE video quality is pucker

Edited 2 times, last by davvo ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!