Vu Zero or... something else?

• Hi all,

I'd like to have your ideas and tips about my problem if you don't mind :).

I'm looking for a new linux receiver and I can't find the information I need.

I use to use a Vu+ Solo (first one) , which does work great and zapping is enough fast for me. But I'm giving it to my father and I want to buy a new one.

I'm just into watching tv and eventually recording few things (automatically or not, but nothing really heavy). I might be interested in IPTV in the future but that's not important if it does not support it at the moment.
    I don't need to be able to watch downloaded movies or things like that. Just watch and record.

I was about to buy the Vu+ Zero because it's the cheapest one (Was using Technomate before, but my opinion is that Vu+ works far better so I'd like to stick to Vu+ devices).

Is my choice for the Zero correct, or should I buy an SE v2 or something else?

To be honest, the less I pay, the better I feel. But, I don't want a stupid lagging box at the same time. There is no real comparaison between SoloV1 and Zero because the Zero has soloV1 specs x 2 ^^.

I'm telling myself that if it's at least the same it might suite my needs but when I'm looking the available receivers I'm wondering if I'm doing a good choice.

I don't know if it's an interesting thing that you might know but I'm about to receive a new 4K television... don't know if the image will be great with a Zero...

Thanks
    I Hope my English is quite cool because that's not my mother tongue and I promiss I'm doing my best ^_^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!