Cant flash wont flash

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,055 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Hello
    got my nice new shiny Gigablue Quad+ from WoS Stef has put the latest Vix image on for me, but i want to try something different, i've d/l the nightly ATV build but just cannot get that or any other image to get recognised.

i've treid using a Scandisk cruzer 4 gig a kingston 4 gig and a kingston 32 gig i've tried each of the 3 rear usb ports and the front usb port, the image just never gets recognised and it just keeps booting into VIX.
    i power off the box put the stick into the appropiate port then power on via the rocker, no onscreen messages or on the display just boots into previously installed VIX

So what am I doing wrong?

regards: canthackit

• Ok boss thanks
    i think the problem was, i was doing it on a mac formatting the stick to ms-dos, i've never had any problems with other makes of boxes doing it this way but Gigablue don't seem to like it.

I booted up my windoze lappie formatted the kingston 4 gig stick to fat32, box recognised it immediately and installed the image.

thanks again.

regards: canthackit

• Glad your sorted bud.... i will close this thread now.....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!