Urgent help please

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 524 times. The last Post () by codar.

• Hi all

I have a friend who has 3 zgemma s2 boxes and last week just went off after server update which was working fine for a few days.

I have been round and it will play tsmedia items so there is a connection there and he has a pc that connects to net so internet is ok.

We tried using dongle and plugs to connect but would only allow fta channels dispite there being a green link light present, also unstinstall mgcamd and re-installed but nothing.

I have tried everything but nothing but fta.

NOW HERE IS THE STRANGE BIT

I took all boxes home to update but when i plugged in at home they were fine and all channels showing.

Dont know if this makes a difference but should as his friend is on same provider? in hull we are on kc communications but he is on talk talk via BT

I dont know what else to do, any ideas please as this is not the first one to do this and it is really doing my head in now.

Oh and i also re-flashed with sucmnsee image also but still nothing

Many thanks and hope somebody knows what i can do next.

Thanks all

last week just went off after server update

Was this an image update or did the server he's connected to do some maintenance/updating?
    Is it a friends server or a payserver?
    Have you a working backup you could install?
    You could also look in "network"-"adaptor settings" to see if the receiver is getting an ip from his router in his home network (although if tsmedia works, it looks like he has an ip)
    Have you tried a different emu (oscam/cccam) to see if the problem remains? (you could then use oscam info/webif or cccam info to tell weather your connected to the server)
    Another thing to consider is weather his ip is being penalized from the server he's connected to. (this may explain why it works in your house as it would be a different ip)
    This could happen if he is using the same line in all the receivers as this will show up on the server he's connecting to as multiple logins (which the server owner may not allow)
    As for different internet providers, anythings possible really (some block pirate sites, others don't)

- - - Updated - - -

Also have a look here for a configured backup image (all credit to jenseneverest)
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=93635

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and i also re-flashed with sucmnsee image also but still nothing

This looks like a patched vix image which won't support online updates as vix doesn't officially support this receiver.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!