Am i in way over my head???

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 282 times. The last Post () by joeuser.

• hey everyone,
    ive currently got the amiko micro box and to be honest for what i want out of it the box is great, i love the simple put line in and watch tv simple and effective. now that box is not really supported anymore with channel updates ect so from santa im going to upgrade to a amiko alien 2. im sticking with amiko as the micro has served me really well.
    now ill be honest im really confussed on differnce between mgcamd ccam ect ect but i do know the A2 im getting comes pre loaded with spark and enigma 2. all am after is these things nothing more...

1. full 7 day epg as micro dont have that very well
    2. the sly skin looks cool so that would be good
    3. keeping things simple so to just input line and watch tv.
    4.to record would be good also but im lead to believe that the A2 Records to HDD built in.

and thats it so from reading ive found that to input my line is now looking really complicated where as before it a 2 second job using remote ive now to download this and convert that i mean am i just in way over my head or is it not that complicated for what im after?

• You can try one of the backup images posted here with already configured epg, skins, cam, etc. Just need to do a minor config (probably can be done mostly through remote or webif.)
    The ALien 2 does not have an internal HDD, but you can add a USB HDD or record to a network drive (some NAS or pc.)

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!