Everything connects except my dreambox's?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 968 times. The last Post () by Bean.

• Hi Lads

I recently got e-fibre in and got a new modem, the Hauwei F2000. I can connect anything in my house to the modem except my dreambox's.

I have my box in the sitting room connected using homeplugs. I have actually taken my laptop and connected it successfully on the other end of the homeplugs so the problem is not the homeplugs. All our wireless devices connect without a problem.

I have a couple of different boxes and have tried them all but still the same.

Any ideas?

Bean

• Tried that but still no good. If I go into the router it says it's connected but I can't get into the box with DCC and it's not clearing channels.

• I have a DM500s, a Vu+ Duo and a DM800HD Se. Have tried all 3 and no joy.

I have a second satellite broadband line coming into the house which connects to the boxes no problem. At the time when we had standard broadband I got a separate satellite line in cos the boxes kept glitching especially in the evenings.

The F2000 is in PPPoE mode would this have anything to do with the boxes not connecting?

• check your settings in dcc , the router, hub part ive seen that sometyms if yah are set as router when your a hub it wont connect , also are ports forwarded on new router ? and can you still connect via old new system ?

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• Is there some kind of protocol that the boxes can't work with?

Everything in the house and office can connect except these boxes.

- - - Updated - - -

Figured it out. I tried another skybox F5s I have there and it works fine. Must be something to do with the commando 15.1 image on the DM500s.

Has anyone else encountered this and is there a fix for it?

Is there a better commando image I could use?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!