Zgemma star H2 - 28.2 tuner problem on a multisat system (13-19.2-28.2)

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,817 times. The last Post () by codar.

• Hello to all,

Got my new Zgemma Star H2 yesterday. So far everything is ok with the new box (earlier I had a dreambox 500hd clone). The only problem I have is the 28.2 tuner problem. I'll explain in detail.

I have 3 lnb's and watching 3 sats - Hotbird 13., Astra 19.2 and Astra 28.2. (it is not a motorised dish).
    Have a diseq 1.1 (astra 19.2 is on lnb1 port A, hotbird is on lnb2 port B and on that logic astra 28.2 should be on lnb 3 port C but it's not working, I even tried with lnb 4 port D).
    I'm able to scan and watch channels on the 13 and 19.2. The problem is that i cannot manage it to work with 28.2 - that satellite is not shown, it cannot be found.
    Im absolutely sure the problem is not the hardware because i just switched from my last receiver to my new one, so it must be a software issue.
    I read on the internet that there is a tuner driver fix. I downloaded it (and put it in /lib/modules/4.0.1/extra folder) but didn't resolve the problem.

The problem is present in the openatv 4.2, 5.1 (I event tried the openpli 4.0) all have the same problem.
    If someone can help (even in PM - i can write more on how the diseq is configured and with what ports).

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

• Is the Diseqc switch working correctly with the DM500HD if you swapped them out, If so then that rules out a problem with the diseqc switch port.

You could also try and use the automatic search in the service searching menu to see if the image can find each port correctly instead of setting it up manually. worth a try

• Hi digi, thank you for you answer...

Yes as I said everything was working like a charm on the other receiver. I'm going crazy with this one...

The problem is that on the other recveiver the settings for the 3 sats were as follows:
    old receiver: Astra 19,2 on LNB 1, disecq 1.1, commited disecq command was AA, toneburst none, fast disecq yes
    new receiver: Astra 19,2 on LNB 1, disecq 1.1, commited disecq command (in the new reciever there is now such thing) so I put it as port A - all working

old receiver: Hotbird 13 on LNB 2, disecq 1.1, commited disecq command was AB, toneburst none, fast disecq yes
    new receiver: Hotbird 13 on LNB 2, disecq 1.1, commited disecq command (in the new reciever there is now such thing) so I put it as port B - all working

old receiver: Astra 28.2 on LNB 3, disecq 1.1, commited disecq command was BB, toneburst none, fast disecq yes
    new receiver: Astra 28.2 on LNB 3, disecq 1.1, commited disecq command (in the new reciever there is now such thing) here is the problem because I cannot get the BB port as on the old receiver so whether I put port C or D it is not working.

So there is the problem if anyone has a solution. Should I maybe put disecq 1.1 and try with the input - there I have choice 1-16

• I am unsure why you are using the Diseqc 1.1 protocol when you only have have access to 3 satellites from a 4 way diseqc switch. Use Diseqc protocol 1.0 which is the most basic and will give you options A-B-C-D for the four satellite positions only.

Diseqc 1.1 is for using a switch for up to 16 satellite positions

• tried that too but still nothing...i'm really getting crazy about this...
    don't know if it helps if I try to reset the receiver to factory settings?

- - - Updated - - -

FINALLY.... got it solved.
    The solution was to download a new bouquet (multisat) channel list after that it worked like a charm (with a new list even my old list worked).

About the disecq configuration the correct way for the disecq BB command is port D. So to sum it up if anyone will have similar disecq problems:
    commited disecq command AA equals to PORT A
    commited disecq command AB equals to PORT B
    commited disecq command BA equals to PORT C
    commited disecq command BB equals to PORT D

Hope this post will help someone else.

• Hello,I have the same prob than you.The Zgemma don't work with 2 Satelites,I can only use with one Sat,Astra 19.2E
    If I want Astra and hotbird I have probs.
    I want use CCCam on DVB-C but it don't work I have black screen and reiceive only free channels.Perlaps I must add an ip adress (ID RESEAU) from my internet box ?
    Thank's before for your help

• Zgemma series box is dump box not good support by cams blackhole image not supported many bugs in images

So friends buy always original vu+ or dm boxes

Not go for it chienese clone box

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!