Sony Vaio Laptop only opens in safe mode ???

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 829 times. The last Post () by carmine.

• My Cousin`s laptop is only about 2 years old if that and it wont come out of safe mode so she cant open photos music files wont go online etc cant do anything .

I have done a restart and pressed F* and tried start windows normally nothing still came back in safe then did same again and tried try to fix itself and after putting in password for lappy it looked for a while and found nothing ??

Then i tried a system restore and which came back successful and still only in safe please advise as i have it here with me and am looking for some good advice ??

Thanks
    carmine

• 11-24-2003

There is a file in the root directory of your C: drive called MSDOS.SYS.
    This is a read-only, system file. You will have to change the attributes of
    this file to edit it. But first, just look at it. Look for a line in the
    file that says SAFE MODE=1. If you see this line either erase it, or change
    the 1 to a 0 and save the file. Reset the attributes of the file, shutdown
    and turn off computer. Turn the computer back on and see if it starts up
    right.

RESPECT OTHER PEER, PUT ALWAYS A FTA CHANNEL WHEN YOU DON'T WATCH TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1438883374.png

• Hi Mate

its not even turming on now mate after trying f12 f11 and esc gonna leave it a bit and try again in a little while or may just have a few beers and try tomorrow lol ?
    Thanks
    carmine

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!