making backup of pbnigma/kodi configuration?

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,965 times. The last Post () by TH3-J0K3R.

• Hi guys,

I am using pbnima and kodi on a sd card and works fantastic!!

How can i make a backup (.img) of all the settings i made in pbnigma and all the addons i have in kodi?
    thanks

• Its simple mate after u done installed everything to your pb image e2 and kodi sides and finished it just like u write your sdcard with win32 this time tick read button win32 will read your image from card and save it thats all..

Vu+ Ultimo Vu+ Solo2 Vu+ Solo 4K Gigablue X1 Gigablue Quad Plus Wetekplay Wetek Core...
    4m , 2m motorized, 95 diseq usals ....

i suppose i need to connect the wetek to the pc?

No, you remove your micro-sd card from your wetek (after you have your image setup the way you like it) and pop it into a card reader connected to your pc.
    You then use win32 Disk Imager to read/backup your micro-sd card iso (your wetek image) to your pc, click on the "read" button.
    At this point, when your iso (image) is written/ created on your pc, you can burn it to another sd card using win32 Disk Imager, in the same way you burnt your original pbnigma image.
    Win32 Disk Imager is here (although you probably already have it if you put on pbnigma in the first place)
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=86075

• Using things like win32 disk imager means that you are copying the entire disk image i.e. cloning the entire sd card including all the unused space, so if you have an 8gb sd card the final size of the copied disk image will be around 8gb regardless of what you have installed on it.

I installed OE6 on 8GB micro Sd and used win32 disk imager to create back up and the size of the back is now 7.6GB, hence i cant copy it to any SD card that is 8GB or lower in size.
    Im still trying to figure out how to do the backup without this probllem.

• You could try a smaller sd card to begin with (something close to the original image size)
    That then should eliminate the need for a large sd card for your backup.
    I used to use a 2gb sd card and worked ok (that is before I sold mine)

• Why can't I just explore the mSDcard on my PC and just copy the kernel image from it?

Reason I'm asking is I'm getting an error if I try and read the card using disk imager

• Try USB-SDCARD WIZARD ;)

may work but designed for what you ask it only backs up kodi ;)

Post Results

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!