Spark TV Wall icons, how to

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 1,558 times. The last Post () by vinov.

• Τhe spark for Alien receivers is not used by many, although unfortunately is the only firmware that work properly.
    All e2 images, without exception, have been struggling with their problems and flirt anytime with crashing, something I hate and therefore there is no e2 for me.
    Neglected are also the tv wall icons for Spark, despite it is one of the best features of this image.

I will therefore insist on spark and describe the way by which someone can make his own icons, for his own pleasure as i understand.

Step One:
    FIND on the web all the channel logos, procces them in photoshop and save them as png24 204x126 with a transparent background.
    This procedure may lasts several weeks.(Could be much sorter if many people were working on this, each for a provider only!)

Step Two:
    CREATE in photoshop (cs5 and above) an action which loads all png one by one, adds the background of your choice and save the icon as jpg named by the name of the relevant png.
    Then RUN this action in batch automate in photoshop, for 3000 icons it takes about 20-30 minutes to complete, in the end you have a folder with all icons in JPG format and background.
    Copy all icons in another forder too which you will use later(in step 4) to load the icons on Spark editor.

Step Three:
    LOAD the settings of the receiver in the most useless editor that has ever come out for satellite receiver, the spark editor 1.7, which paradoxically makes only a good thing, changes automatically icons
    names with the names by which the receiver tv wall recognizes them.

Step four:
    LOAD icon in spark editor and choose the folder from step 2, after a few seconds editor will find the names and changes them automatically to the names that Spark understand.

Step five:
    Manual corrections, adjustments needed in rare cases when mistakes happened.

Of course you MUST KEEP SAFE the icons which you got from photoshop, they will serve for the manual adjustments needed after the fourth step.
    Original pngs are kept forever, new channels are added from time to time and some changes are corected,

these PNGs are the basic and most useful elements of the process.

Finally, you can find some of my icons here:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=100259

Edited 2 times, last by satsok ().

• I also use Spark exclusively, tried out various Enigmas but always return to Spark, mainly because enigmas all run slow in channel menu, slow to show infobar, in one enigma I was able to make it run up to par with Spark (had to do something with refreshing autobouquet pluggin) but that lasted only till next reboot and I couldn't be bothered and returned to Spark). Still eying enigmas, just yesterday I flashed Eurosat E2 image and it is now a serious contender to Spark, only time will tell. It is not that Spark doesn't have its minuses (mainly lack of features) but it is a very reliable workhorse on Alien2 tripple tuner box, it has to be handed to it.

I did try out TV Wall when it came out but stopped using it after a few times trying it out. I will look at it again now you called my attention to it.

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!