Freezing wetek box and random channel change

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,260 times. The last Post () by kadel.

• My cousin arrived home two days ago for Christmas and brought along his wetek play box, I copied my openelec micro SD settings/configurations to another SD card for his use.
    Current Home set up:

Sky UK satellite dish with quad LNB
    Two wetek boxes
    Two Micro SD card with OE6 installed
    I am experiencing the following issues:
    Using win32 disk imager to create a backup my 8GB micro SD openelec settings but the backup file size grew from under 300mb to about 7.6GB
    My cousin’s box do not have EPG
    When I change channel on one box, it will randomly change channel on the second box. E.G. if I am watching ITV on my box and my cousin is watching Channel 5 on his, when I change channel on my box, it will automatically change channel on his box from channel 5 to a different channel, also if im scrolling through the channel list, my actions will be showing on his TV screen
    Both Boxes freeze quite often, no network activity, no response to the remote control, whatever that was on the last screen simply froze there, I have to pull the power cable to restart it
    On Tvheadend web interface > status> stream: only one input is available instead of two. On tvheadend web interface>configuration> TV adapters: I can see two adapters available.
    On tvheadend web interface> configuration> channels/EPG>Bouquets: my box have 722 channels available but his box have only 172 channels
    sometimes when I switch to a channel, e.g. ITV evening news, programme from another random channel will be showing.
    Any idea how to resolve these issues please, help will be appreciated.

• Sounds like 1 issue is your remotes maybe interfering with each other.
    I think they use radio as opposed to infrared line of site (not 100% sure though)
    Easy way to test is to pull the power from one wetek and operate that weteks remote as if it was on to see if it has an effect on the other.
    Only guessing though

• Using win32 disk imager to create a backup my 8GB micro SD openelec settings but the backup file size grew from under 300mb to about 7.6GB

win32 reads all your card gb capacity and so your bakcup image will be at that size if u use 2gb card then it will be 2gb image its normal with win32 ..

Vu+ Ultimo Vu+ Solo2 Vu+ Solo 4K Gigablue X1 Gigablue Quad Plus Wetekplay Wetek Core...
    4m , 2m motorized, 95 diseq usals ....

• Thanks guys, any Idea how I can force tvheadend to use the two tv adaptors? And also force a channel rescan?
    Tvheadend on my box have 720 channels on Astra 28.2e but cousin's box can only pick 132 channels

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• codar you are correct with about the RCU, it interfere with each box (it uses radio) so I have now bought two Logitech k400 keyboard and two 32GB mSD cards.

Copied my backup to the new cards, everything working ok except that one box does not load EPG.

I forced a “rescan” and “trigger OTA EPG grabber” on Tvheadend for both boxes, however the box that does not load EPG, can only pull 117 channels from the rescan as against 722 channels on the box that load EPG.

Any ideas what the problem might be codar and mach1 and how I can get EPG to load please.

• Hmm sorry mate no idea ı always use e2 side for dvb dont like tvh and vdr dvb style on elec....

Vu+ Ultimo Vu+ Solo2 Vu+ Solo 4K Gigablue X1 Gigablue Quad Plus Wetekplay Wetek Core...
    4m , 2m motorized, 95 diseq usals ....

• Copy from your box the /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.tvheadend/

Input and Channel folder

If your cousin is using the same SAT, just go to /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.tvheadend/ and paste your configuration

Reboot your wetek and them only need to assign the tuners

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!