VU Solo 4K Tuner Issues?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,074 times. The last Post () by monkified.

• Hello All.

I'm pretty new to all these Linux boxes, but thought for IPTV, skins, epg and other cool features I thought I would make the move from my old Protek box.

It's been a bit of a learning curve but thanks to master g and his VU BH 3.0 backup image I managed to get up and running. I even got oscam up and running with was nice.

I wanted to ask a few questions about upgrading the image and general questions regarding how good the tuners are on these boxes. Today I uploaded the vix image and somehow I now have no signal on 28.2. Baring in mind I have a motorised setup I have not moved the dish or motor and brough a horizon meter to find tune the protek box.

When I clicked on vix satfinder it said 19.2e, i then selected 28.2 but when i look on signal there is none, when i tried a scan it didn't pick anything up - it must have moved the position of the dish. I have now had to put the protek box back on and re-jig the dish which is annoying to say the least.

Regarding images, the masterg backup I was using, if i want to upgrade do I only need to reflash another image? I'm just asking as I see many posts about blackhole image B, C and wondered if each image updates latest drivers etc.

Edited once, last by moosic ().

• Official Post

You can`t perform an online software upgrade from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1, you can only upgrade when its the same version, example 3.0.1 A to 3.0.1 B, C and so on. Once 3.0.2 comes out a full reflash is needed.. You could take a personal backup, reflash the latest version then import the backup, which will save plugins, personal settings, tuner configuration, softcams etc..

• Vu+ tuner has some problem with Cı+ cam for expample Dsmart 42 east 1 transponer always mosaic if we plug old vu+ dvbs2 tuner then all works fine and tuner a and b signal quality is different people says....

Vu+ Ultimo Vu+ Solo2 Vu+ Solo 4K Gigablue X1 Gigablue Quad Plus Wetekplay Wetek Core...
    4m , 2m motorized, 95 diseq usals ....

• Thanks Mach1.

Say for instance i'm watching sports on 28.2 with no issue then turn that box off and connect the VU box.

Would the VU box, from a fresh image flash move the dish at all from when i put the usuals positioner info in?

I'm sure the dish shouldn't move but something has definately caused the dish to move today or something to do with the tuner.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone? Really need to get this up and running before the kids arrive!

• try turning one tuner off when its on 28e and see if the dish moves, at least you might be able to figure out which tuner settings are wrong, i maybe wrong but if it moves out of line from 28e i used to turn one tuner off and have to set ports abcd to nothing connected then my dish would move back until i figured out the settings to save keep re jigging the dish

Edited 3 times, last by monkified ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!