Looking for new receiver

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 838 times. The last Post () by IceCold.

• I am still rocking a VC2. I have been poking around and would like to get a DreamBox.. It looks like there is the DM-800HD+ AND DM-800HD se what is the difference in the models. I can not find much info to make heads or tales.

• From experience icecold, get a original box like a Vu or miracle box there's many more, or make sure you get an original dream box, the Chinese clones are not bad but compared to an original for a few quid more your going to have great back up support and none of the "no ca" error when flashing the wrong image. The site sponsor on here is guaranteed to supply you a original box

• I can only find the DreamBox with the programmable tuner from a single vendor that is located in Iceland.. I just sent a email to Dream Multi Media to see if that particular vendor is selling the real deal or is a clone..

The rear of the box I am looking at has a USB port for programming the tuner. It looks like it is based on the DM 800HD PVR hardware as opposed to the DM 800HD se I asked about in my above post. This is also what makes me on edge because I cant find a unit on Dream Multi Media with the same rear layout..

I have gotten burnt by clone electronics in the past and would prefer to not revisit that..

I have attached a image... As I cannot link to their website they are not a sponsor here.

6db12473731a30f4c29.jpg

Edited once, last by IceCold ().

• The one I am looking at is normally 349 USD but is on sale until Dec 31 for 279 USD. The programmable tuner is more important than the price... I would like to have the DM 8000HD but I cannot find it at all with a programmable tuner. If it comes down to it I will order the box from a known genuine equipment dealer and just order the programmable tuner from the dealer in iceland.

• I've owned genuine dreambox with the 8000 being by far the best. But I bought a new vu duo2 with 4 tuners this year and after over 20 years in this hobby,I have to say the vu duo2 is the best I have owned.

bo.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way there is a Dreambox 8000 for sale on this forum.

bo.

The programmable tuner is more important than the price

I was curious about this tuner type so I´ve just read up about this particular tuner:

This will only work with dreambox receivers that have been outfitted with a programmable tuner. Such receivers are designated with a "+" such as the DM800HD+ or DM800SE+ or DM7020HD+, etc. This software will NOT work with dreambox receivers that only use a regular tuner that cannot be programmed (e.g. DM800HD, DM800SE, DM7020HD). To determine if your receiver can be programmed, check the rear panel: it should contain a USB tuner port that is clearly labelled. If you don't see such a port, then you are out of luck.

Keep in mind that this software programs the tuner and not the firmware of the receiver. You may keep the default factory firmware or update it to take advantage of new features, but always remember that the descrambling of the channels happens inside the tuner.

• I was curious about this tuner type so I´ve just read up about this particular tuner:

Yes that is the one.. My colleagues have provided me with the software to put on the tuner.. But the site you got that info from goes down a lot... It is in fact down right now!

The software is maintained by a programmer called wizzard and is freely distributed on a peer to peer basis between users for the most part...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!