Supreme Motorised dish, where do I point it (set up)?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,756 times. The last Post () by anorak_ian.

• Hi, I'm at last fixing my motorised dish to the pole.
    The motor is a "Supreme intelligent Dark motor", the one with the led's.

I don't know what I'm doing, do I bolt up the dish pointing south, or spin it all on the pole until the motor led's read 28.2e?

Thanks for your help.

• if you in uk due south 0.8 west then set USALS on box to find the other sats

just do a google on how to set a motorised satellite dish up
    loads of info

Edited once, last by inbed79 ().

• have motor on pole with dish attatched to motor make sure all is parrellel dish motor all aligned to 0.8 west and then when u get ur best signal on thor set up 28.2 east and move motor to pick up sky digital ,don't for get to save before u setup each satellite
    I had mine aligned on 45east right round til 45 west and was getting signals on both
    I did managed to get 53 east as my dish was up four floors on a roof

• Got to the bottom of it.
    The damn Alsat Supreme manual giving contradictory, incorrect and unusable information.

Easy peasy, motor angle (your home latitude) and dish angle (E&D table in manual), then point it south.

About pointing it south, I knew where south was but pointing a dirty great dish to it is another thing. Surely it's not as simple as pointing it to Thor and jiggling the dish till a good reception is had?

It's now tuned in to Astra 28.2e but the dish is lying on it's side like an egg falling over, wouldn't it be better for the dish to be up write when pointed at the satellite most viewed? The dish can't travel further west than Thor anyway (brick wall).

Anyhow, thank you chaps for your help.
    Time to start playing with my new toy :)

It's now tuned in to Astra 28.2e but the dish is lying on it's side like an egg falling over, wouldn't it be better for the dish to be up write when pointed at the satellite most viewed?

The reason it is "like an inclined egg" is because you have it pointing at 28 degrees to the East which is on an Arc....
    Remember the Earth is not flat, ( although some still think it is, lol) therefore the Sat Arc is not either:

• Thanks all for your help.

I'm having a lot of fun with the kit, but this dish is supposed to rotate 180 degrees, and it doesn't.
    114 degrees is all I can get so far. 57 east etc.

This is my thinking; as I can only get (or supposed to get) 90 degrees (actually 57 degrees) to the east, will there be a problem setting the dish in the up-write position facing 28.2?
    This way I can swing the dish further to the east and get more satellites in the 70 degree region.

That is if there is anything to see past 57 degrees?

Cheers and happy new year.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!