Does this happen to any one else??? (tune failed)

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,143 times. The last Post () by uglykidjoes.

• hello everyone and not for the first time my daughter has been watch a film on sly movies and all of a sudden on the screen it says tune failed??

ive tried all the rest of the movies and all say the same but when ive tried sly sports they all work allong with just about everything else! ive not changed any settings or messed about with anything so it makes me wonder why it does it?

ive just ran autobouquets and that did not fix the issue so i tried a restart of box and that also did not fix the issue. im going to do a full scan and i think that should hopefully fix it but why does it happen in the first place and is therea faster way to just scan the movies as that allways seams to be the area thats affected by it.

here are a list of the main affected channels that i know of..

all sly movies
    box nation hd and regular box nation
    sly sports 2

maybe some more but im yet to find them out.

• have you loaded my back up yet,for hdmu

also are you still using your slybox as well at the same time,just hope your arnt using 2 feeds into your slybox then using the passthrough to the alien, you are up for all kind of problems

im going to give the backup a go tomorrow thanks and no ive not got sly box plugged in when im using my alien

• You cannot use splitters with satellite cables (unless you are using a Unicable LNB). Voltages are sent to the LNB, splitters usually stop these signals going to the LNB. They normally only have one port which allows the power to go through. If you must alternate where the signal goes to, better to use a full isolation switch.

Whats the best setup i can do with the 2 fixed sly dish cables and ive got the splitter which ill remove but then it leaves me 2 shorter cables to use ?? Also whats loop through holes for on back of box ? Arnt they for avoiding using a splitter

• you can have 2 feeds going into the slyhd box then use the feeds out of the sly box into the alien, problem is the sly box takes over first, so you would get no signal etc on the alien2 on certain channels

you would have to put the slyhd box into standby then the feed can pass so you would get a picture, hope that makes sense

• So ive two cables from fixed dish. 1 goes into sly one goes into alien. Then using one of my shorter cables that came with my splitter which im now going to stop using goes into the sly other hole and then into the loop hole underneath the cable thats in alien.
    i understand that sly has to be off as thats how it was on my amiko micro i was using before the alien and so long as it works better than using the splitter and the sly still works and records for the other half then im all for it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!