Android for your PC

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 632 times. The last Post () by dale094.

• Apologies in advance but not quite sure where to post this.

This is about Remix OS which will be available for download on the 12th January. I think the idea is that you can run Android from a USB Stick in an old PC. This must present some opportunities to the community so I hope the heads up is useful. And its free, or will be.

http://www.jide.com/en/remixos-for-pc

Old dog, new tricks.

Who said you can’t teach an old dog new tricks? Remix OS for PC allows you to experience Remix OS on a vast array of existing Intel-based PCs already out in the world (including even some Macs).

What you can do on your device is invariably the most important part of any computing experience. By revitalizing your seasoned hardware with Remix OS for PC, breathe new life into it with over 1.6 million Android apps. Whether it’s for work at school or in the office, watching a TV show or playing your favorite games, Android’s rich app ecosystem always has something for exactly what you need and want to do.

Minimum System Requirements

A USB 3.0 flash drive that supports FAT32 format, with a minimum capacity of 8GB and a recommended writing speed of 20MB/s.
    A PC with USB legacy boot option.

• there are other tbh , i have a install droid disk from a cpl year ago that works ok
    not tryed this one though so cant say if same or whats different unfort ill see if i can find the backup HDD its planked in :)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• Just tried it still in early stages but went on no problem on my i5 laptop
    Picked up the wifi and was surfing straight away.

What size usb did it require, thanks.

got your ok , A USB 3.0 flash drive that supports FAT32 format, with a minimum capacity of 8GB and a recommended writing speed of 20MB/s

Edited once, last by dale094 ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!