Oscam r10041 Emu Help Needed

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 590 times. The last Post () by Chris2005.

• Hi All

This is probably a stupid question but here goes

I've installed oscam r10041 Emu on my Vu+duo2 but I'm confused at what to do with Emulator and Myconstantcw, on oscam webif it keeps displaying emu not recognised and myconstantcw not found in tuxbox.

Can some point me in the right direction :)

• Official Post

Those readers open some channels on certain satellites with keys.. FTP SoftCam.Key and/or constant.cw files to the same location as the rest of your configs.. We don`t host any keys here, but google is your friend. If you don`t use other satellites or keys then remove those readers from oscam.server..

• Keys are not old-fashioned, all encryption systems use them. It is just that these days the keys are protected better and thus not so many are publicly know. A lot of "feeds" still use older systems which can be fairly easily hacked to get the current keys (which change often...)

Oscam has support for these feed type keys, for other keys there is the oscam-emu patch which modifies oscam to "open" other encryption systems (if you have valid keys...)

It is not about "fashion" - systems get hacked and keys released, then systems get changed (fixed) and hacking starts again - it is a constant cycle.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!