setanta ireland card setup

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,064 times. The last Post () by tennents.

• going to buy a setanta card but am looking a bit off advice do the cards normaly come activated heres my set up i use my dm500 as my server but am looking to put setanta card in my v+duo to share with a few well trusted mates so i use my v+duo for internal sharing threw my own home and im looking to put my sentanta card in my v+duo and share to a few friends but does that allso mean that they *** aswell as they r not looking *** can it be done and if so can some1 show me a good tut thanks lads

• i going to buy the card from satellites.ie but im looking at my sly hd box and theres only one slot for a card so how do i get round that if its a separate card does my sly boxs need plugged in for 2 weeeks when i recieve the card allso will it not affect my setup for sly that im shareing do i need to place my own sly card in there reciever for 2 weeks thanks g hope ur keepin well my friend

• Not sure m8. I'd cancel ***. You can get
    it back via shares for your setanta card.

Or buy another cheap *** box and use that
    for pairing/activating your card.

• i dont want to be turning off my own sly package its easy enough getting my hands on a second hand hd box but would that not look as if ur up to something thanks for replying

• Official Post

You have a sub from uk and the setanta package is from ireland, one department doesnt know what the other is doing, so i wouldnt worry about anything m8.

As far as keeping the card in the receiver for 2 weeks thats not what i meant, takes around a week for the card to get to you, then by the time they get your slybox details and send to ***, then they send activation is around another week. So you would only have the card in the slybox around 3-4 days.

• i dont want to be turning off my own sly package its easy enough getting my hands on a second hand hd box but would that not look as if ur up to something thanks for replying

Not at all...who's to say you just didn't buy a replacement box from a 3rd party?

They'll not care a jot!

Have you got a dual lnb coming in? Why not just connect each of your boxes to a single coax and you can watch Sly on your Vu+ and wait for Setanta to be activated on your Sly HD box...

• ive got my hands on a second hd box so i can set it up threw that box and put it in one off the kids rooms untill its activated thanks lads now off to satellites.ie to buy my card

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!