Hauppauge 290e USB DVB-T2 support on VIX VU+ Duo

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,120 times. The last Post () by Louis40.

• I have been running the PCTV Nano Stick 290e on my et9000 running latest Vix image since christmas you need to use the em28xx-dvb drivers from the Vix feeds in drivers.

The usb stick has been running great not had any glitches or dropouts so far the SD picture quality is better than my old win n***-t HD is very good epg works as normal and subtitles are working fine cant get teletext working and zapping is not as quick as the fixed tuners but for just recording all the wives soaps it great

i managed to get a new one of ebay for £60 before crimbo

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.

• i know that if you have an old play tv for playstation 3 it will work 100% on a vu or d800 m8 i have one myself thats worked in both its also a twin tuner as well m8 only thing you wont get is the hd channels but if in the roi it will get you all channels

• Ok, on the odd occasion i have 2 recordings it would be nice to have freeview HD available from my VU+ , read a couple of posts about VU Unop supporting but cant find anything specific. Any one have any experience with this?

Cheers

It and the PCTV 290E have both been reported to be working on BH & VIX! (latest kernel)

Dear though....I'd sooner run a length of coax and get another S2 card so you've got a much wider choice!

• Sandman , i have a spare cable from the motorised and the 28.2 dish so thats no issue! , how do i get another s2 card into the VU+ ???

You can buy a USB one!

Sundtek seem to have the widest support... (you'll need to edit S K Y back into the link!)

At £90 they're pretty steep though! I've read there is a new version coming out this month that will be available in the UK so it might be worth holding on!

• i only got the PCTV Nano Stick 290e to go with my Ultimo when it comes with 3 S2 tuners

there is a Sundtek S2 usb stick (Green LED which is 2nd gen) which is not fully working but there is a new model coming from Sundtek some time this month

• These have been tesed on linux 3.0

the PCTV Nano Stick 460e is working but does not clear most HD channels lol

Sundtek (Blue LED 1st gen) HD channels dont clear lol

Sundtek (Green LED 2nd gen) has issue with SR30000 channels

these wont drive a motor as far as i know

if you have not upgraded to the latest Vix 2.3 why? you are missing out a ton of stability fixes and improvements to many to mention but to get the above usb sticks working you need to be on linux kernel 3.1.1 for the Vu+ boxes

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!