open Webif and vlc

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,823 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi guys

I was hoping that i would sort this without asking but I'm a little stuck

I'm trying to stream a channel from my Vusolo2 to a friend

I have forwarded port 80 and 8002 on my router

I have entered some settings on my vusolo2 in the web-if plugin

I have entered my ip adrees plus the port from another laptop thats conected to a simcard so its out side my lan' i can login into my webif page and view my epg bouquets etc but i'm not sure how to view the stream

hope you can assist guys

• Click on the little tv icon, far right from the channel you want to stream (there should be two tv icons beside each other for each channel, one is for normal stream and one for transcoded stream)
    Probably best to use the transcoded one if your upload speed isn't great (this is the only one that will work outside your network due to it being on port 8002, which you have opened. In order to get the other one to work, you'll probably have to open port 8001 also)
    One more piece of advice, I'd set authentication on your streams (you don't want anyone accessing them only the intended person) and also setup/change your receivers/webif default passwords etc.

• Thanks for that When i click the small tv icon it seems to download a file when i click the downloaded file it opens VLC but nothing happens Not sure if i need to configure vlc ?

• Try a free to air channel to see if it works (rule out emu problem)

- - - Updated - - -

Upload speed may also be an issue

Wow Thanks mate it worked so i guess i have an emu issue but not sure what to do to sort that any ideas ?

• Click on the little tv icon, far right from the channel you want to stream (there should be two tv icons beside each other for each channel, one is for normal stream and one for transcoded stream)
    Probably best to use the transcoded one if your upload speed isn't great (this is the only one that will work outside your network due to it being on port 8002, which you have opened. In order to get the other one to work, you'll probably have to open port 8001 also)
    One more piece of advice, I'd set authentication on your streams (you don't want anyone accessing them only the intended person) and also setup/change your receivers/webif default passwords etc.

i would like to set up transcoding now my internet upload is a bit better,
    when you say set authentication on the transcoad plugin what does it actually mean, do you set another password ? and then when you log in from outside the network it will ask for that password ? another question will i be able to log in from my no-ip addy ? thanks in advance all

when you say set authentication on the transcode plugin what does it actually mean, do you set another password ?

The stream will require a password to view it (been a while since I've used it to be honest as my upload speed is crap but I think you may use the root password, I'll verify this tomorrow for you)

another question will i be able to log in from my no-ip addy ?

You should be able to (your streaming port has to be opened and directed to your receivers ip within your local area network for it to work).

• The stream will require a password to view it (been a while since I've used it to be honest as my upload speed is crap but I think you may use the root password, I'll verify this tomorrow for you)

You should be able to (your streaming port has to be opened and directed to your receivers ip within your local area network for it to work).

what upload speed did you have codar ? ive just tested mine and getting 1.8-2.2mbps up i would like to know if this is enough before i start to open port ect, also is the root pass enough to secure the connection on www ?? bit dubious about opening this, but as i am away from home alot it would be good to be able to do

• Official Post

i would like to set up transcoding now my internet upload is a bit better,
    when you say set authentication on the transcoad plugin what does it actually mean, do you set another password ? and then when you log in from outside the network it will ask for that password ? another question will i be able to log in from my no-ip addy ? thanks in advance all

Disable root access in openwebif configuration.
    Create a new user for openwebif that has no telnet / ssh or ftp access.
    Now you don`t need to worry about anyone sniffing your http port, trying to gain access to your server..
    Attempts to login as root are answered with a "401 - Authentication required" error message, just as if you entered the wrong credentials..
    User login for Openwebif

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!