Problem updating oscam debian server with simplebuild

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 439 times. The last Post () by Chris2005.

• Hi All

I'm trying to update oscam on my debian server with simplebuild but I'm getting this message

xxxxxx@debian:/opt$ mkdir simplebuild
    mkdir: cannot create directory `simplebuild': File exists

The original oscam install was done using simplebuild

• If you are just trying to build oscam for your debian server, simplebuild is not really necessary to build a native oscam. Simplebuild is primarily to make cross-compiling "simpler." (Also to help setup your build environment..)

To build oscam for your local machine, you can just do this from your home directory (or wherever you want the files...):

Code
    svn checkout http://www.streamboard.tv/svn/oscam/trunk oscam-svn
    cd oscam-svn
    ./config.sh -g
    make

The first command retrieves the latest version of oscam source code into the directory "oscam-svn"
    Second command changes into that directory
    Third command starts the configuration gui. If you are not sure what options you need, the defaults pretty much cover everything.
    Fourth (last) command builds oscam. The binary created will be in the "Distribution" directory. (it will tell you this)

Later, if you want to update, you can just do the following:

Code
    cd oscam-svn
    svn update
    ./config.sh -g
    make

Of course this is assuming you have already setup a basic build environment and if you ran simplebuild in the past you probably do already have. The following command does this:

Code
    ./simplebuild debinstall

If you need smartreader and/or PCSC support, change the make command to:

Again assuming you have already run simplebuild in the past.

More detailed instructions can be found on the oscam wiki page:http://www.streamboard.tv/oscam/wiki/BuildingOscam

BTW - the simplebuild method pointed to by codar above will work just fine. This is just an alternative for those who want to learn more...

Edited 2 times, last by joeuser ().

• Hi Joeuser

Thanks for the help

I've made the oscam svn file and have found it in this location /home/xxxxx/oscam-svn

Is this my bin file for usr/local/bin ?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Joeuser

I've found the distribution file within the oscam-svn file

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!