Cannot open file "/usr/local/etc/oscam.user.tmp" (errno=13 Permission denied)

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,286 times. The last Post () by carmagedon.

• Hi to all,

Initialliy I want to thank shatanar for his thread on building an Ubuntu srvr + Oscam . I replaced the Oscam version with a stable one and everything worked fine. After a reboot I faced a problem with updating not only the users file "Cannot open file "/usr/local/etc/oscam.user.tmp" (errno=13 Permission denied)" but the oscam.server file, as well .

I am getting a message at webif screen "write config error" + at log ""Cannot open file "/usr/local/etc/oscam.server.tmp" (errno=13 Permission denied)""

Due to the fact I am newbie to all this,I would be greatful for a little help.

• Many thanks for your prompt replies

@ Sandman ......There is not such a file in the directory. I believe that oscam.user.tmp is a temporary file created by oscam, during processing a user's rights.

@ Ten Below ..... My friend, I checked and I have root access, but not to the directory /usr/local/etc.

Is there a specific command that I could possibly use in order to gain permanent root access, at the above mentioned directory ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!