streaming kodi to a diferent netwrok

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,644 times. The last Post () by dalaziz.

• Hello everyone
    I was wondering if I could stream live channels from my Enigma 2 (vu+ duo2) to a different network through kodi,, I know how to stream within my home network by configuring enigma 2 plugin under PVR section then enable tv.
    would love to be able to watch my TV while I'm out at my parents on my android box or kodi on my phone.
    Any help is much appreciated

• not sure what I'm doing bud, correct me what I'm missing please, from plugin under transcoding setup on my reciever I put port i.e 8001. Same on my kodi addon/ pvr client/ vu+ enigma 2 and under advanced I put the streaming port to 8001 ( of course i put my vu+duo2 IP address under general) then I configured a port forward on my router and my local start and end point are 8001 and external start and end point is 8001 <<<< this is the bit that confuses me.

• The problem is when port forwarding externally your home network outside IP address is probably dynamic which means it will probably change in a few days or when you reboot your router, this is why when watching externally you need a DYN address such as a free one from No-ip which will track your Dynamic IP address for you

• can you post any link for any useful thread that you think it would help me ? been looking but still cant get my kodi to work outside my wifi connection

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!