Please help! Openbox keeps rebooting...

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,160 times. The last Post () by zakovb.

• I am a total idiot at that. I tought it would be difficult but at a later stage...
    Just received my Openbox S10 and tried to serch channels as a first step.
    My box keeps rebooting during channel search.... and is not able to search completely even a single satellite...
    I have learnt from several forums that rebooting is a common problem with this box...
    Any firmware update that will fix this?
    I am not sure if I have an original or a clone...

• Official Post

If you do find yourself selecting a channel that reboots the receiver constantly, simply turn Off the receiver and disconnect the Lnb cable, once the Lnb cable has been disconnected, start the receiver and then click Menu -> TV Channel List and delete the channels, then turn Off the receiver and reconnect the Lnb cable, start the receiver and all will be okay.
    If you have a motorised setup, simply use the positioner to move the dish to a position where you get no signal, then you can edit the channels without the need for disconnecting the Lnb cable.

You could try installing a channel list instead, you can find the tools and channel lists HERE.

• Hi, before you scan find the chip id by going to tools information then hit 8888 or 77777 check the forum if its an original or clone I have a stable image on mine haven't has a problem since with rebooting. I think mine was from november or so if you need a image dump I can upload mine to a torrent, mine are genuine so make sure its not a clone or you will need to unbrick it

• Thanks everybody for your help.
    I found out for sure it is not a clone doing the 8888 test. Ig gives me 085B.
    Problem is that I did not reach the point when it reboots changing the channels.
    I was trying to tune the channels for the first time and after a partial search it reboots leaving few hundreds of channels but none that I am interested in.
    About a channel list I am lookin essentially for a list of Italian channels on Hotbird 13 east and I could not find any with *** Italia, Rai, Mediaset etc.
    Wich firmware version will fix this?

• Thanks I will give it a try...
    By the way I found out on the forum how to back up your existing firmware but not how to reinstall it if everything goes bad...
    any advice will be very much appreciated...

• make sure you save it to your pc for example under original backup. if it goes bad you reinstall either by usb or you can use OpenboxS10LANSHARINGSTBHD_LAN_MM if it goes really bad and you brick it use reanimator Openbox_s9-s10_Toolbox_v1.1_by_wilzonex_team found in the tool section and a null modem cable with the original image you saved to your pc Dazzza

• hello...i think if you get rebooting problems you need to flash through comport serial ..i don't know for sure but you'll have to search it

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!