Dolby Digital on Alien 2 and Vix

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,069 times. The last Post () by scooterbuk.

• Hi

My Alien 2 is running Vix4 but I'm having a few issues with dolby digital. My amp seems to only be receiving PCM audio. I've attached a photo of my settings to see if you guys can spot anything I'm doing wrong. I have 'downmix to stereo' set to NO. I've made sure i have AC3 selected on a channel I'm viewing (in this case BBC1 which my sky box says is broadcasting in Dolby D 2.0). The box is connected by HDMI to the sony amp. It seems to work in OpenATV but Vix4 completely refuses. Is this an issue with the image or my settings ?

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

• I never tried vix, but I know sometimes a "prefer" option does not always work. Have you tried checking the audio selection of the channel and make sure it is using the AC3 track?

If it isn't automatically selected and you manually choose it, then you should also change "prefer audio track from service" to yes. (That way next time it will use the same track...)

Edited 2 times, last by joeuser ().

• Yeh I've got Dolby digital selected on the channel. That's what's making me think it's the image as the box and amp are fine with a different image.

• Speak to Antony its his image

But have you tried setting audio out from pcm to spdif,but on a few images there was always a problem regards ac3 coming through HDMI or the optical port, but I don't want to say vix4 is crap cause I don't want my comments spread over his webpage as saying a image is rubbish is not the answer Antony wants to hear

• i'll give that a go tonight. Thanks for the tip. If it doesn't work i'll drop him an e-mail. For a novice i've found Vix4 one of the easiest images to us and i like the fact it just works with the setup i have. It also helps that he is willing to spend the time answering emails and questions.

Thanks again

- - - Updated - - -

Speak to Antony its his image

But have you tried setting audio out from pcm to spdif,but on a few images there was always a problem regards ac3 coming through HDMI or the optical port, but I don't want to say vix4 is crap cause I don't want my comments spread over his webpage as saying a image is rubbish is not the answer Antony wants to hear

I can't find anywhere that you can change it to spdif. Any ideas?

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!