Media Player and Movies on USB stick.

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 996 times. The last Post () by codar.

• I fear this is going to sound rather dumb, but I have to ask..
    I cannot find a media player on my Xtred 9500, I want to show some movies (Cartoons) for my nipper and Im feeling very foolish that I cannot figure out how to do it, nowhere on the Menu system is a media player, Ive loaded a Media player plugin but that just reads the root and not the UBS sockets. Ive tried front and rearUSB sockets and none will show.
    Im ready to reflash the OpenVix image if needed, this may also fix the problem I have with yourtube..
    Your thoughts or help will be muchly appreciated.

TIA

• Openvix should detect weather there is media files on your usb stick upon plugging it in.
    It has a very capable media player installed in the image.

Thank you, thats what I feared, its not in any of the usb ports, Ive tested the USB stick on a very lesser digi sat box and as soon Ias I plug it in it finds the media, on my 9500 nothing!... do you think reflashing the latest open vix image will help?

• Try a different stick first, some receivers are picky about certain usb sticks.
    Press the list button (from what I remember) and have a look at the hot keys (coloured keys) to change location (yellow one I think will change your location to any networked/connected storage devices).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!