Direction and help needed please

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,050 times. The last Post () by viadine.

• I have a vu solo and have flashed it with blackhole, set up my satellite settings, downloaded an epg,and I have the fta channels. Can anyone tell what I should be learning next. Any help would be greatly appreciated. cos atm I am rather overwhelmed by all the information on here.

• I have downloaded that now this is where I am stuck, how do I get that onto my box. I have filezilla and Vucc am I heading in the right direction

• Do you know how to use FileZilla?If you do you need to transfer the ipk file to the tmp folder of your vu.Then go into menu/addons/manually install ipk packages and the forum ipk should be there.Restart e2 and it should be in your plugins
    Sorry Codar,crossed posts at the same time

• Thank you for your help - no I am not so sure on filezilla - I have downloaded it and got it all set up password port etc and even got it connected - which absolutely amazed me probs more by good luck than anything else. I have been trying for a while to transfer the ipk file to the tmp folder but to be honest it is all odd to me. I am fed up of me being such a fool with something that others find so easy. At least I know I am on the right track atm, Thank you very much for your help.

• Do I need to do anything to file (open it etc), because I have tried for ages and having no luck

try on the remote control - GREEN-YELLOW - manually install ipk package.
    full restart of box.
    go to menu-plugins and you should find whatever you have installed..

• Sorry I did not make myself clear. I meant do I need to do anything to the download before using filezilla. if not it means I am using filezilla in the wrong way.

• Sorry I did not make myself clear. I meant do I need to do anything to the download before using filezilla. if not it means I am using filezilla in the wrong way.

Is the file your downloading from here showing as a php file by any chance??? if your using Internet explorer to view the forum then change to filezilla, if thats not possible then you need to add linuxsat-support.com to the Internet explorer compatibiliy settings in your browser so that file formats download correctly.....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Yes you are right it is a php file. I will follow your advice, grateful that you have sorted that for me, it never crossed my mind to mention it was a php file.

• thanks for the help I have succeeded - am doing a lap of honour round the kitchen table. Now I bet the fun starts sorting this out

• Your box is limited to what it can do due to limited memory etc. therefore the Blackhole image doesn't incorporate xbmc.You can try the kodi plugin and see how you get on or TSMedia.And lastly the Solo is an HD box so you should be connecting with an HDMI lead.Makes sense don't you think?

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!