Is anyone else loosing channels?

There are 20 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,474 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• I have notice the lost of irish tv3, tg4 channels in the last few days. I have reflashed my vu solo 2 with different images and installed autobouquets laizer and catseye with all the images with the same result. I had TG4 still active on my secundary box (skybox F5) until yesterday, but today is also gone. Show epg but nothing else. Any ideas of what is happening?

• Thank you for your reply redbellied, really appreceate it. Yes, that is what i thought. I have done both and same thing. It is very weird every road i take has no way out. I will keep trying to get them back.

• Really?? that would be amazing! I am scanning at the moment, as soon it finnish i will try that. I will let you know what happens.

- - - Updated - - -

So far, not too straight forward. That catseye ipk hasnt got the satellite.xml included. So I installed the one I got earlier and I am doing a blind scan now to see what happens.

No, it didnt work for me. I am sure I am doing something wrong, i just need to find out what is it. A few of my friends are having the very same problem. I hope i can sort it out so I can help them with it.

Edited once, last by vito ().

• I will try that too... Thank you JIm1088. I will report back the result.

Well, I havent got a find botton in my remote but i tried to find them every where else with no luck. I am not sure if i have explained the problem too good. The channels are there. I can see the channel names and also the epg for them, but when i click on them i only get a black screen. Nothing else. The rest of the channels are fine. Thank you again.

• I am totally exhausted, i have been most of the day at it. I need a rest. But tomorrow morning I will try the last two ideas. Thanks a million for all your help.

That catseye ipk hasnt got the satellite.xml included.

Yes , it most certainly does have a sat.xml, cable.xml and terrestrial.xml...
    it was created for astra 28.2ºE only and is dated from the 5th Feb from Catseye himself...
    it sounds like you are missing some very important steps if you cannot see TV3,etc in ROI bouquet
    as I have just tested the IPK myself and it´s working as it should..

• yes Cazuela, i agree. But what can that be? maybe i will reflash again from scratch.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there? I will check to see if that ones is the one i have tried already or not. Some of my friends have the channels, but others have those missing too. It has to be something simple that i cant see. Thank you Samsid.

• do your own rescan and check transponder 12265 h 27500 5/6 +12109 h 27500 5/6
    the new channels were there for about 2 weeks already and more changes to come they are called 2801 to 2807 wich also include the Irisch parlement channel

• Sorry I probably didnt explain the issue properly. The channel have always been there, I can see what is on and all the epgs for the week, but when i select them channels all I get is a black screen. It only happens with them two channels (TV3 and TG4). I dont really watch them, but it is bugging me because i can´t understand why. Any way I thank you all for your suggestions and your time replying this post. Really appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

I found this in kingofsat:

2016-02-06
    Astra 2E, 28.2°E
    Sky Digital: TG4 (Ireland) broadcasts in DVB-S VideoGuard on 12266.00MHz, pol.H SR:27500 FEC:5/6 SID:2803 PID:2430/2431 English.
    Sky Digital: TG4 has left 10744.00MHz, pol.H (DVB-S SID:9603 PID:2312/2313 English), it is no longer transmitted by satellite in Europe.

2016-01-27
    Astra 2E, 28.2°E
    Sky Digital: TV3 Ireland (Ireland) broadcasts in DVB-S VideoGuard on 12110.00MHz, pol.H SR:27500 FEC:5/6 SID:4760 PID:517/645 English.
    Sky Digital: TV3 Ireland has left 10744.00MHz, pol.H (DVB-S SID:9605 PID:2315/2316 English), it is no longer transmitted by satellite in Europe.

• And you still haven´t answered the question :

have you the card yourself or shares from a peer ?

This isn´t being nosey, it´s to eliminate other possibilities/probabilities..
    The more info you give the sooner you find a solution...
    All these channels are opening with the latest Catseye settings..
    so it could be down to the source..

• Sorry Cazuela i forgot to answer that question, it is share from peer. But my other 3 friends use different sources but they have the same problem.

• After all, this problem was very simple to solve. Sorry for all the bother and thank you all for your support. It was just a peer problem!. I am very embarrassed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!