Cable Line

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 881 times. The last Post () by fun7.

• A friend of mine has about 20 ANALOGUE channels coming into his house from a coax cable. Is it possible to get a cable line working with this Analogue feed?

When I do a cable network scan on the TV I can see lots of different channels but they are all encrypted??

• A friend of mine has about 20 ANALOGUE channels coming into his house from a coax cable. Is it possible to get a cable line working with this Analogue feed?

When I do a cable network scan on the TV I can see lots of different channels but they are all encrypted??

The obvious answer is ask your friend what he has setup to open these "analogue" channels.Are you sure they aren´t freesat or the likes??
    Please upload the channel list here and let us know what/how the setup is..( bearing in mind the site rules)

• The obvious answer is ask your friend what he has setup to open these "analogue" channels.Are you sure they aren´t freesat or the likes??
    Please upload the channel list here and let us know what/how the setup is..( bearing in mind the site rules)

They wouldn't be free sat because there is no satellite dish and they aren't freeview because I'm in Ireland.

I can't remember all of the channels but below are the one I can think of:

Rte 1 and 2
    Tv3
    Channel 4
    E4
    Sky 1
    Setanta Ireland
    BBC 1
    BBC 2
    UTV
    3E
    Discovery
    TG4

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• I remember this,you needed an old television where you could fine tune the signal, i thought all this stopped when cable went digital.I did all my mates tvs at the time.There was a few sports channels and entertainment channels and kids you could get.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• its possible its a old gerld box nah ?
    one with the batter at back in the loop system ;)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

Well, its most likely that he can get DTV channels as well (also with a line, but id recommend getting at least an own sub!). From what ive seen he seems to be hooked up to the VM IE Network (former UPC).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!