Dish advice

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,008 times. The last Post () by njl.

• I've tried and failed to shuffle the dish setup today, I have had 16e from a 90cm, 28.2e from an 80. I fitted a triax 64 for 28.2, and tried to get the 80 onto 16e but have only a couple of transponders and none 100%. My hope was to use the 90 for 4.8e and the 80 for 16, but i'm thinking both are too small now. (south uk). Fixings are a bit limited so I'm now considering getting the triax 110 and perhaps the twin or quad LNB clamp accessory. My first concern is that neither would let me have an LNB in the direct centre position so if the dish alignment isn't on 4.8e will I loose some signal and put it marginal dispite the dish size? Anyone used them before?

• My first bit of advise to you is to buy a Black Inverto Ultra LNB...

It will boost your signal by 10% at least..

I'm in the south of Ireland and with a 1m dish and black inverto lnb i can get 85% on most of the 16 east beams!

Sadly can't get the nordic beams on 4.8 west here though!

• second bit of advice would be if you are thinking of 1 west and 5 east on the same dish make sure you fix the dish on 5 east you should get the majority of channels on 1 west with no probs at
    agree with glenview as well about the inverto lnb i just recently changed myself

• I`m in the south east of the uk and my T90 does 28,23,19,16,13,10,9,4.8, and 1 w HTH all with shitty stock cheapo LNB`s

Your showing off The A of J ! Wave torodial T90 dish is a very nice peice of kit lol

With respect to the original Question take glenviews advice and use the inverto lnb ! my mate swears by them when setting up arabsat dishes !
    imo a 80cm dish should work fine on 16e ? are you using a meter or the stb And is the transponer list up to date ? there has been many changes @16e recently ! With regards sirius i get the viasat footy channels here in devon with a 78cm but not even my 1.2m irte dish will receive the nordic beams ! however i'm told viasat romps in on a 60cm dish in newcastle ? Why not go Motorized for an extra £40 when you buy the 1.1m ! Also i would look at other options apart from the triax as they have been proven to have a flaw with regard the focal point due to the design of the boom arm and how its held in place ! i've noticed this Myself when setting them up so i know its true !

:rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• With respect to the original Question take glenviews advice and use the inverto lnb ! my mate swears by them when setting up arabsat dishes !

Sounds like a worthwhile idea, I even surprised myself yesterday with the number of cheap LNB's I had around

imo a 80cm dish should work fine on 16e ? are you using a meter or the stb And is the transponer list up to date ? there has been many changes @16e recently !

Yeah, I had hoped the new sat was going to give stronger signals but my best with the dish was marginal - digitalb ss1-5 would scan but with constant BER and Tring wouldn't even scan in. I'm just working with a cheap £10 meter on the roof and satfind from the box on GF. The 80 dish seems to have suffered over time and the LNB arm has rusted I think where water has built up, I'm not happy with it anyhow

With regards sirius i get the viasat footy channels here in devon with a 78cm but not even my 1.2m irte dish will receive the nordic beams ! however i'm told viasat romps in on a 60cm dish in newcastle ? Why not go Motorized for an extra £40 when you buy the 1.1m !

I have a motor sitting for 2 years plus i'm just chicken to set up! In practice I need 2 feeds from 4.8 for an original stb, then 28.2,16 and 13 for the technomate. It would make sense to motorise that though, I just worry on the marginals I'll struggle again over and above the best I can get from a static dish alignment

Also i would look at other options apart from the triax as they have been proven to have a flaw with regard the focal point due to the design of the boom arm and how its held in place ! i've noticed this Myself when setting them up so i know its true !

ok, will keep that in mind if I go web shopping today!

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!