ET8000 crashing going to list

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 657 times. The last Post () by abu baniaz.

• After months of smooth operation, it's started to crash when I select 'List.'

It started after I'd been moving and deleting some recordings, so I wonder if I've damaged a directory. Towards the end of the log file it says

'OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/media/autofs/Music/'
    <662784.212630> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method MovieSelection.reloadWithDelay of <class 'Screens.MovieSelection.MovieSelection'>>,()) failed)'

Looking at the file structure in Flezilla, I can see /media/autofsMusic, but if I try to access it the response is

Status: Retrieving directory listing of "/media/autofs/MEDIA"...
    Command: CWD /media/autofs/MEDIA
    Response: 550 Failed to change directory.
    Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

Is it as simple as delete and recreate the directory or is that likely to compound the problem?

TIA

• Reflashed the box; now on Vix 3.2.036. I don't think there was anything fundamentally wrong with previous image, more I'd damaged something while 'playing.'

• Official Post

There was arecent fix to resolve the issue. The basic fault was that the last movie location was not available.

However, for those on older images, the workaround is to stop enigma2 with "init 4" command. The settings file in /etc/enigma2 needs to be edited. The movie location needs to be deleted.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!