newbie question about spiderbox 9000

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,325 times. The last Post () by regenold.

• Hi,
    I have just been given a friends spiderbox 9000 as he has upgraded, and I was wondering if this could be used as a freeview box? unfortunatly I dont have a dish in my student house, but i do have a ariel outside, I have noticed the spiderbox has an "ant in" and want to know if it is possible to use as a simple pvr?

Thanks for the help

• To the newbie the standard airel sockets allow you to use uhf on the television and to intergrate it with other boxes eg a video recorder. Freeview is standard airel box as others state not possible Freesat is what the spiderbox can pick up and so much more and as the word suggests it comes from a sat so you will need a dish.
    Rgds
    Phil

• Just buy a Sly Dish with LNB . You can pick one up for about £20 . Its easy to put up and very simple to Line up to 28E which will give you all the free BBc ITV channels plus all the channels open in HD. If you get stuck how to do it lots of info on here ..

• Eh, as it was a noobie asking it might be worth checking whether this is the combo version (Red sticker came on the front of mine and look for terrestrial search option after to browsing to installation tab on the menu). Combo will do freeview / saorview hd as far as I know. I gave my dad a 9000 combo for saorview (via ant) and fta (via sat), and when the internet works, full s*y ;)
    Op should look at the neighbours' satellite and see if there is less than four cables going into any lnbs, if they are renting students then they mightn't mind you running a cable.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!