Vu+ Record to Shared folder over network

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,155 times. The last Post () by radja.

• Hello Gents,

Is it possible to record to a shared folder across the network on a PC which runs 24/7 if so can anybody point me in the right direction, i have searched but i'm not sure if my search context is correct

Thanks in advance
    W.

- - - Updated - - -

I can find the PC on my network via the Vu Network browser but i am unable to find the shared folder when i expand the network mount

- - - Updated - - -

Ok i have found and mounted the shared folder however when i select the network mount directory in Recording&Playback settings it returns an invalid location, any ideas guys?

Thanks

• As far as I know, most hdd's are either formatted to ext3 or 4 for recording/timeshifting.
    You may need your network drive formatted to one of these filesystems for it to work (only guessing though)
    Probably should check first if your shared folder is "read only" as it would at least need to be "read/write"

• You can record to a Windows or linux PC drive and any format on those machines as well as all NAS drives.

You just need to setup a shared folder on your chosen machine then point to this folder from your receiver

And first, I think, you must in Windows do right click on folder which you want use for record and enable Sharing that folder and then next do like say Digi247.

Poslato sa Huawei P8 lite

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!