Zero or Solo SE v2?

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,113 times. The last Post () by codar.

• Hello everyone!

I have a Truman Topbox satellite receiver (basically an Amiko Alien 2) and while it's OK as an experiementing box, it's unreliable for everyday use, and of course slow sometimes.

Now am taking a look at the VU+ Zero or Solo SE v2 (Dual S2 tuner version), as these are the ones available here and within my budget. The Solo is priced about 25% more than the Zero.

My main box requirements are: 1xDVBS2 tuner is enough, reliable, responsive navigation, great picture quality, fast zapping, and good support for dreamplex and KodiDirect plugins. So, basically am looking for the best choice of the two to replace my SH4 box and Rasbperry Pi Kodi.

So, is the double RAM and Flash, better CPU, and OpenGL support worth the extra cost for my needs?
    Thanks in advance!

• The 25% more for the solo SE v2 is well worth it if you can afford it...... always better to have that bit more spec wise as you never know how images etc are going to change in the future. Also the solo se has a plug N play tuner where the zero's tuner is fixed.....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Well you are not going to get great picture quality with the Vu Zero or Solo SE V2 ,or indeed any Mips receiver.
    The Receiver you have has a vastly superior SD picture and slightly better HD picture ,SH4 receivers are the best for picture quality.

• It all comes down to compromise at the end of the day.
    If it is superior sd quality picture your after, persevere with the Truman.
    There're some great backup images available on here( look in the sh4 section) which have been tailored to run as somoothly as possible with enigma2, but if it's reliability you want, running enigma 2 (sacrificing some sd picture quality), go for a mips receiver.
    Of the two mips receivers you've mentioned, the solo se v2 would be the better as it has a plugable tuner module (future proofing to some degree).
    That said, I have a Zero and it is rock solid (runs openvix) but then again, I don't run kodi as my broadband is very limited.
    It's all down to your needs and only you can answer that.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!