Urgent Help require with Hard Drive

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 430 times. The last Post () by sunlight786.

• Hi,

I have strange problem with mounting my hard drive.

I tried 3 different boxes with openvix,openAtv image.

when i go to device manager i can see my hard drive in device manager and when i mount it as hdd then enigma2 restart but still it do not mount.

My biggest problem is I can not afford to Initialize the hard drive as I have too much important stuff belong to my kids in there which I do not want to loss otherwise it is easy to reformat.

please help me out asap.

• ftp the box and transfer the files you want from your harddrive to your pc then you can Initialize the hard drive and then transfer the files back to your hard drive when its
    Initialized.

i think you should still see the hard drive even if its not been Initialized in ftp.
    it is slow though.

Edited 2 times, last by danski122 ().

• No mate.

I did tried that one via Filezella and Winscp
    I can see media/hdd/movie ( its empty as it will not show until it not mount properly )

Until hdd not mount I can not see any files in there and that is normal mate as I have seen this before.

I got Gparted live CD but when I run through my 64bit windows 7 laptop it d,nt give me any graphic option to deal with

I am stuch now and I must have to mount some how and retrive this data. I am 100% sure I have not lost any data as It happend before with me but after couple of time reboot box all went ok but this time Its not.

I hope some one here will know what it is.

any Link to see step by step live CD usage?

• Try this m8:-

FTP to /etc/fstab and check if you have this line:-

HTML
    /dev/sda1 /media/hdd auto defaults 0 0

If not, first take a copy of your fstab file.
    Then paste the above line in your fstab file and reboot and maybe it will then
    allow you to mount and view your hdd contents.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!