Trouble loading Images Gigablue HD Quad

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,511 times. The last Post () by jerboa.

• I just bought a Quad second hand on ebay, switched it on yesterday, it came with Openvix Apollo image on, for some reason I couldn't load new channel list, ftp not working, so decided to try a new image.

Began with latest Openvix 3.2, OpenAtv 5.1, 5.2, Opendroid 5.3, Opennfr 5.0, Openrsi 4.1, 4.5, Openspa 5.0, Openmips 4.2, 4.3, all of these images wouldn't load, flashed ok, got to splash screen ie. OpenATV logo, but wont respond further. The only image I've managed to load successfully is Openmips-2.1-20140224, so a bit confused why all these other images won't work, I used the HD Quad not Quad plus images, as that's the model I've got.

Now just trying to add CCcam to Openmips-2.1-20140224 I take it I can ftp it to tmp folder like any other image?

• Hmmmm
    dunno then mate, just looked at the amount of boxes you've got so you derfinately know what you're doing.

what about the usb pen have you tried using a different one? as they can be flaky at times.

cant understand how openmips will load but none of the others will.

regards: canthackit

• Yes I have a few boxes, but by no means a expert, still learning stuff. Have tried two different usb's, that have successfully worked when flashing my Vu+ boxes, strange as for example just flashed Vix, box doesn't reload once finished flashing, so restarted manually, the Openvix black and white screen appears, but goes no further, so the image must of flashed, but wont load.

- - - Updated - - -

Would it be a bad idea to try a Quad Plus image, or would that brick the box?

• that's what i would do mate.

BUT please don't take my advice, i don't know for sure that it wont do any harm to your box, maybe wait til an expert can advise you on this.

wished i could help more, i shall do some checking up on your behalf and see what i can come up with.

regards: canthackit

• hi, if u have black white logo open vix only boot is or is not finish loading image ,or is rong image ,or in usb u not setup rigth the folder.

my advice reade good alls infos how to installs firmwaire check for the rigth image for u box .

• jerboa

just re-ead your orginal post....about CCcam mate, when you say load it to /tmp, in what format is the file? it has to be an ipk file!

and how are you getting on so far?

and futhermore i've been doing some reading up on the compatibility of the images i get the impression that the infrastructure is different on both boxes so interchanging images probably won't work............but i don't think it will brick your box if you do try.............PLEASE DONT take my advice though if it goes tits up i dont want it to be down to me mate lol.

best regards: canthackit

• Thanks for advice guys, I've followed the pdf guide to flashing the Gigablue on the Openvix site, usb fat32, tried two sticks that have worked with other boxes before, loaded Gigablue file to root of usb, and followed instructions, box recognised usb, and starts flashing, couple of minutes later stops flashing, but boxes never reboots to new image. Only Openmips 2.1 has worked.

As for CCcam, I have ftp'ed previously with Vu boxes, using DCC, and a CCcam ipk file to tmp folder, though one I tried first didn't show up once I'd Installed local extensions. If I can only use this image then that's what I will do, but just very strange that none of the other 10 images have worked.

• If it's only loading such an outdated image, it could be that the bootloader needs flashing before you try to put a more recent image on

• If it's only loading such an outdated image, it could be that the bootloader needs flashing before you try to put a more recent image on

I think that sounds right, never thought of that, the previous owner had a old Openvix Apollo image on it. How easy is it to update the bootloader?

- - - Updated - - -

Well all sorted, flashed a new bootloader then a Openvix image, all loaded, now going to have a play, cheers gents for your help. :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!